cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Love Having Broadand And Wish I'd Had It Sooner...

brightspark1
Grafter

I Love Having Broadand And Wish I'd Had It Sooner...

Hope that I can always afford it.
I have never abused my time on the net with any ISP and if I can can get caught up on what I am trying to get I won't be abusing my time with Plusnet but I am trying to get all the files I can off the Desert Island Discs Archive site at the BBC...I could go mad and do the whole lot but have rationed myself to so many a day and I have been doing it overnight so not to spoil the service between 8am-midnight.
I think in approx 12 days I have used 3GB of my 60GB allowance but approx 15GB overnight. Am I still supposed to only use 60GB per month whatever time I go online or occasionally is it ok to do more than 60GB if I am doing the downloading over night.
Once I have managed to get these podcasts I will mainly only be surfing or listening to the radio, I don't play games or watch movies and I probably won't be watching tv via the net either and surfing, e-mailing, listening to the radio uses very little of the allowance. And as I say situation I find myself at this minute means I can do the main stuff overnight, sometimes leaving the pc doing what its doing without me being there...
Any opinions or advice?
5 REPLIES 5
Thumb866
Grafter

Re: I Love Having Broadand And Wish I'd Had It Sooner...

your overnight use doesn't count towards your 60GB allowance. It's completely unlimited between midnight and eight in the morning! I would download all of the desert island discs podcasts (good choice of podcast by the way!) between these times!
brightspark1
Grafter

Thanks Thumb866,
I've only been doing perhaps 20-30 a night because I want to be fair...perhaps tonight I'll go for it a bit more.
I've transferred them to an mp3 player to listen to in bed but I usually start off listening to one and wake up and another has started. Grin
They added another 400+ and most are by the original presenter Roy Plomley and we are hearing some of the really great DID programmes with the real celebs and public figures...
theberrys
Grafter

Download as much as you want and can between midnight and 8 in the morning.  You don't have to worry about bandwidth available to other users, if that is what you mean, because the majority of users will be asleep and the ones that have setup night-time downloads, would not affect the available network bandwidth. 
This is why Plusnet allows for unlimited downloads between these times because there is more available bandwidth.  Go crazy  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure if you need a comment from a staff member on here, but as above - usage between midnight and 8am doesn't count towards your allowance and we don't mind how much you use between those hours.
brightspark1
Grafter

Thanks everyone...
the bad news, my pc has failed and I need to move files off the hard drive if I can and save anything else, then it will be wiped and the operating system re-installed...it may need a new hard drive. At this time I can ill afford such expense..All this on top of my other worries and loss of my dear Mum...