Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge usage showing but low use made

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Huge usage showing but low use made

More specifically a trojan (others may also cause similar problems) could cause all sorts of trouble.
Please run a virus scan (if not already done), installing NetWorx is an excellent suggestion (other software available but this one works and is free), you'll then know what traffic volume is going in/out from your PC, most (not all, unfortunately) routers also have at least a basic traffic volume monitoring function, worth having a look in the router interface.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mardler
Rising Star

Virus scan runs permanently.
Today's usage is c.550Mb - for half a day so still too high.
However, in the last 5 hours usage has not been racking up the way it was yesterday. Good but very odd.
I still find it extremely odd that there was c.3Mb of usage BEFORE I turned this PC on and nothing else was on bar an internet radio for a few minutes.

Networx - btw, is this the software, at £25 a throw:- http://landwebmonnet.gfi.com/internet-access-control-sm/?adv=2106&loc=144&gclid=CMPgx8uHvrMCFXDLtAod... because that's where their website takes me.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

http://www.softperfect.com/download/freeware/networx_setup.exe Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mardler
Rising Star

Thanks, w23.
Usage has settled back to normal since the spike so no idea what went wrong.
Thx to all who chipped in.