cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge latencies in gaming

Snarf
Grafter

Huge latencies in gaming

Is it possible for someone to check whether my gaming is being throttled? I can reach US websites, ping them till the cows come home with only around 150ms ping times. However playing Lord of the Rings Online, I'm currently sitting at a 14 second latency with gaming online impossible.
My TBB ping graph has been absolutely fine, and everyone else online is having no connection problems. Anyone have any other ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Huge latencies in gaming

This thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107933.0.html may be related, have a read.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

There is a 2 part problem with Lotro, 1 with changes Turbine made with update 6 and 7 which added server side lag.  2 PNs profile for Lotro needed updating after TB tried to fix it and the changes are not being picked up by the old profile they have.
I have submitted the 2 wireshark captures so it shouldn't be long till its fixed PN side, but TB still has the issue to fix.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
Snarf
Grafter

Ok cool, I've downloaded Wireshark anyway in case I spot more problems. Rebooted the router and things seem to improve massively.