cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge increase in data usage

eagleash

Huge increase in data usage

Has anyone else noted an increase in the amount of data usage in the last 12/24 hours? My data usage for Feb 17 went up from my usual 150-300 mb to nearly 5GB & overnight from 50-100 mb to 8gb. Is it just me or is this a glitch like the problems last year when data stopped recording altogether? I have not used my computer for anythng different to usual activities.  
7 REPLIES 7
thedogcopsit

Re: Huge increase in data usage

Yup me too!! Angry
gillian129

Crazy  something funny going on here, I managed (supposidly) to use 30gb yesterday when I was only on the laptop for a short while.  and I managed to use 18gb (free) last night between 12am and 7am,     
my daughter managed to use 10.99 gb when she was out most of the day, only used for a very short while to check her e-mails Crazy
HorrocksPoulter

Same here.
18 Gb during the day when no-one at home and nothing running. Phoned plusnet in the evening. "Problem plusnet end".
Awoke this morning to find we show a further 20 Gb usage overnight.
eagleash

Judging from the last reply (and others) it seems it's a problem that Plusnet are aware of. I'd already raised a question via the website (and also Twitter). I suppose we wait till it's sorted ...
Thanks all for responses.  Smiley
HorrocksPoulter

Confirmation on here from plusnet would be helpful.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Bit early for a response on here - not normally staffed by PlusNet until around 0900.
The data usage reporting problem isn't affecting everyone - nothing unusual here.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

mod:note
locked in favour of existing thread https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136885.0.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'