cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one

Joe8
Grafter

Hub one

My hub one router is slowing my internet down to 11 mb when I should be getting 20 mb the hub 0 I was only getting 4 mb
38 REPLIES 38
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hub one

Welcome to the forum.

What makes you think that it is the hub that's slowing your connection down rather than influences outside of your property?

How are you checking speed? You need to be doing it with a wired connection between the router and computer. This allows us to see whether it's an infrustructure or wireless problem you have.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Joe8
Grafter

The socket is giving out 21mb but test with bt wholesale through ethernet is 11mb my Thompson router was the best 19.5mb speeds but had issues with Windows 10

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @Joe8,

I've tested your line and the line rate and sync rates for your connection are really good at 21,132kbps, with no errors.

I can see you've spoken to someone in the office today and they've organised a new router to be issued to you to see if that is what is causing the problem. So once that comes let us know if that resolves the problem.

I would like to clarify something, though. You've said that from the socket it's giving out 21meg. How are you able to measure this if you then say you're only getting 11meg via ethernet?

Joe8
Grafter

The engineer tested the line to see if it was ok
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Joe8,

Thank you very much for confirming that. Please let us know if you continue to experience this problem once you have the new router.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Joe8
Grafter

Will do thanks
Joe8
Grafter

Speed is still slow with my hub 0 router I will forward two speed tests one with Thomson 585 v8 and the other hub 0
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Sorry to hear that. Let us know how you get on with the testing. - Lauren

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Joe8
Grafter

The Thomson router is giving me the speed I should be getting so I will wait for your testing on routers to see what the problem is with them the hub 0 hub 1  why these routers are slowing my ADSL speeds down 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Joe8

I've just tested again and everything still looks great with the line stats. I've put a copy of them below the line rate matches with your sync stats and the profile on the account is in line too. 

Could you do me a favour and log a BT Wholesale wired speed test for me on speedtest.btwholesale.com. Once the first test finishes please click further diagnostics, enter the line number your service is on and then run the test again. This will save a copy of the results on a server for us to be able to pull down. It's important you do this as a wired test so we can differentiate from the two wireless ones you've provided.

Once you've logged the test let us know. 

Joe8
Grafter

I am using my old thomson router as the hub 0 and hub one only gives me 10 mb where the Thomson router gives me 18.5 mb the routers you are supplying are capping the speeds. You need to go back to the suppliers or change suppliers of the adsl routers 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

What you've said doesn't sound right as our routers don't cap your speeds especially as you're still using a Plusnet router (the Thomson one) and seeing higher speeds?

Can you advise what firmware version your Hub One is running?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Joe8
Grafter

So why am I getting better speeds through the two Thomson routers the Technicolor and the Thomson 585 routers than the hub one and hub 0 through wired and wireless
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

This is what I'd like to look into, can you provide the firmware version please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet