cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I know?

jazz
Grafter

How would I know?

A simple question - I had an email a few weeks ago saying I would be moved to ADSL2 sometime in the next 5 weeks.  How will I know when this has been done?  (spotting a fast speed is unlikely - I'm only on 3Mb download on ADSL though with a rock steady connection.  I don't expect any speed increase much with ADSL2 - BT Wholesale suggests expect 4Mb though I expect the line may become unstable).  I have a Netgear DG834GT Router and have now upgraded the firmware from v1.02.02 (it's an old but reliable router!) to v1.03.23 ready to deal with ADSL2 when I get it.    Smiley
2 REPLIES 2
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: How would I know?

Hi jazz,
The only indicator on your side would be in your router's DSL connection statistics.  Saying that I don't think that your Netgear DG834GT will show the "Modulation Mode" but I may be wrong.
Either way, i've tested your line and it has infact switched over to ADSL2+ already.  Your sync rate is 4644kbps.
Any questions feel free to ask.
jazz
Grafter

Re: How would I know?

Thank you Alex.  You're right, my router does not show modulation mode but I had noticed the synch rate was higher than usual (after dropping to about 1302kbps earlier in the day) so I wondered if the changeover had occurred.  It has dropped back to 4123kbps this morning but with a much better noise margin so I'll cross my fingers that it holds steady there as that would give me a profile of 3.5Mb rather than the 3.0Mb I have at the moment.  I'll just have to wait until the "training period" is over and see how it performs.  Smiley