cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade to ADSL2+?

pale95
Dabbler

How to upgrade to ADSL2+?

BT Wholesale availability checker states as below that I should benefit from switching to ADSL2+.
I say 'benefit' as I only currently get 2 to 4Mbps max. How can I switch? 
Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 8.5Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 7Mbps and 10.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1Mbps and downstream line speed of 8.5Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 7Mbps and 10.5Mbps.
Thanks,
Paul
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: How to upgrade to ADSL2+?

Hi Paul,
You are on ADSL2+, I've checked your sync rate and it's currently just over 10MB/s. Are you currently connecting wired or wireless?
Chris
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: pale95
I say 'benefit' as I only currently get 2 to 4Mbps max. How can I switch? 

How are you getting that speed range, from a speed test?
To confirm the sort of speeds you should be seeing could you run the BT diagnostic speed test and post the full results.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just to add, your profiles on our side and our suppliers' are both matching at 9400kb/s. If you could post the results of a BT speed test that would help, also if possible please advise where you're seeing those 2-4Mb speeds - is it from a single site, on a single device? wired or wireless connection? The more information regarding your setup the easier it'll be to help Smiley
pale95
Dabbler

Undecided My Apologies..
My tests were from the Plusnet tester (which always seems to say it's not operational) and ADSL Guide/BB Max tester.
HOWEVER, I just pluged-in via ethernet to do the BT test and I do indeed red-line at over 8 Megablips! Shocked
I use an old laptop which probably can't keep up with my wifi router.
Sorry to have bothered you all and thanks very much for the attentive replies.
Paul (Pale)