Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set IP address of Thomson TG585v7

DavRo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

How to set IP address of Thomson TG585v7

I've been with Plusnet since July. I've been using my previous router. I just unboxed the TG585v7 that Plusnet sent so I could configure it as a spare.
Got it working via ethernet and connected to the internet OK. Changed the admin password. I now want to change the IP address of the router to 192.168.0.1 to match my home network - most of which uses fixed IP addresses. I can't find where to set that - and there is a message saying that the config can only be changed with the wizard. Another thread here says it can be done and the setting is well-hidden - but doesn't say where!
Another thing - I noticed that there is a setting for WPA2/TKIP but I use AES - does it support that?
TIA
Dave
Using OpenSUSE 11.0
3 REPLIES 3
SteveA
Pro

Re: How to set IP address of Thomson TG585v7

Ah yes, thats probably my cryptic post. I thought I'd posted how I changed it, and deleted the old 10 series IP address which it kept
Anyway... here is how you do it:

• Login to the router

• Go to Home Network

• Go to Interfaces

• Click on Local Network

• Click on Configure in the top right

• Set New IP address

If you really wanto be secure, add a second user and give it admin rights and then delete the admin user!
DavRo
Rising Star

Thanks Steve.
I added the 192.168.0.n IP range and added the 192.168.0.n DHCP pool.
But I couldn't see how to delete the 192.168.1.n DHCP pool - there was no delete button against it
So I deleted the 192.168.1.n IP range - losing the connection as expected.
But my latop ethernet port still had an IP address of 192.168.1.64 with a permanent lease.
Fortunately I had another ethernet card with a fixed IP of 192.168.0.x so I used that to get in and delete the lease.
But the 192.168.1.n DHCP pool was still there, and still not deletable.
More in hope than expectation I rebooted the router. Success! The old DHCP pool is now deletable. (Is that a firmware bug?)
All working - and yes it supports AES
Fun and games! Thought I'd write it down in case anybody else needs to do it.
Why would I bother to delete the Administrator user when I've changed the password?
(I've also disabled PnP BTW).
Dave
SteveA
Pro

I just did it because it makes it harder for anyone to try to guess it 😉
I seem to remember not being able to delete old pools and IP addresses until I'd rebooted it.