cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "quickly" find out if I have been "Interleaving" or not??

OCdragon2
Grafter
Fixes: 1

How to "quickly" find out if I have been "Interleaving" or not??

I have Unlimited fibre installed about a month ago, and I am generally happy with it despite its "throughput" has recently been deduced  from the initial maximum of 69Mbps to currently around 58Mbps downstream. My latency has slightly been increased to around 18ms average as well! My BT Profile is currently being set at around 60Mbps. So I suspect that my "interleaves" may have been turned ON. Although I am still happy with my current around 58Mbps D/L and 15Mbps U/L, it would be nice if I can "easily" find out from TG582n Router's browser interface IF the DLM has activated my "interleaving" at all. Any suggestion????
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How to "quickly" find out if I have been "Interleaving" or not??

as the router isn't a modem it hasn't a clue as to whether it is interleaved or not
x47c
Grafter

Unless you have an unlocked/hacked modem or are using a 3rd party modem/router unit you won't be able to find out.
The Stats' on the BT supplied modem are locked down/unavailable by default.
In any event you are not much better off even if you do find out as on FTTC ISP's no longer have any control over interleaving and cannot change its application.
The DLM automatically decides whether interleaving is necessary or not and may vary the depth of the interleaving applied as and when.
The days of users demanding interleaving is switched off as was/is possible on ADSL have gone on the FTTC fibre service.
OCdragon2
Grafter

Thank all for your replies! I awared that the DLM may apply this "Interleaving" for a good reasons but it would be "more informative" to the Users if they may find out if their FTTC connections have been interleaved or not, such as my case! In any case, I would imagine PN would know from their corresponding Users Connection Data Base, would'nt it if I approached them??? Or it would be even more informative if such user information, or similar, were readily accessible from the User Account area, such as "My connections" etc.
James
Grafter

Interleaving is on, but at a low level.
OCdragon2
Grafter

Thank you, James! What is "high" or "low" for interleaves??? I have a gut feeling that Interleave-low would have "lesser impacts" on IP profiles and Latency when comparing to "interleave-high" ?? What sort of Percentages that the "low" be affecting both my IP profile and latency, if any??? Thanks
James
Grafter

I am afraid that I really don't know what sort of percentages that take place, but a lower level of interleaving will have a lesser impact on latency and overall sync speed.  So I wouldn't really expect you to notice the difference.
OCdragon2
Grafter

Thanks, James! That is enough for me!!!!