Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get max speed?

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: How to get max speed?

Two things of note from the VR - first, no obvious pattern, in fact PPP session continuity seems fine in general. The 3 events 2225-2310 tie in with the sync losses as shown in the 582n Event log.
Second, I'm assuming the event at ~1310 on the 14th is the swap back to the 582n also based on the Event Log entry and from you comment in reply #517, and on the 11th, that the event ~0830 was the reboot.
If you happen to do a reboot as a last resort, keep a note of when you do so - would the event on the 02/12/15 just after 1000 be a reboot?
When did you swap over to the TP-Link? Was that on the 01/12/15?
My only comment on modem/router swaps is, remember to try and stay powered off-line for nearer 10 minutes or longer so that there's a clear gap in the PPP sessions, otherwise there might be an initial misinterpretation that it was a drop in connection.
If you have appeared to lose connectivity other than those events showing on the VR, I'm guessing you were connected Wirelessly from your remarks in reply #517, then the assumption is it's some sort of WiFi interference or maybe computer WiFi dropout as it's happening with more than one modem/router, and entries in the 582n Event log (code <37>) might support those two possibilities. Whilst we know that [60:e3:27:1a:21:2c] is the PC's USB WiFi connector, do you know what [00:73:e0:2a:c7:6f] and [28:cf:da:55:11:1c] are? Is one the Printer?
Steevo
Grafter

The router swap was indeed on the 1/12/15.
I am unsure about the drop on the 2/12/15 but would think it unlikely this was a reboot.
Several of the machines are connected wirelessly, however the PC has been a wired connection until recently and even that has suffered issues. That said, things seem to be functioning more normally currently.
I am unsure on those other addresses. Is there an easy way to check?
Anotherone
Champion

Try logging into the 582n and see if they are still listed in the Home Network Wireless section which may give a clue. You can often get more detail in >Devices and select the relevant device. I expect they'll be some of your other devices, but thought it worth a passing mention.
Steevo
Grafter

I can only find one of them:
Unknown-28-cf-da-55-11-1c
Information

Type: Generic Device
Connected To: WLAN (Wireless)
Allowed on WLAN: Yes
Addressing

Physical Address: 28:cf:da:55:11:1c
IP Address Assignment: DHCP
IP Address: 192.168.1.102
Always use the same IP address: No
DHCP Lease Time: 0 days, 23:44:38
Connection Sharing
There is no game or service assigned to this device.
Steevo
Grafter

Just found printer by looking through its wireless settings on the printer screen:
BRWC038969C7BA2
Information

Type: Generic Device
Connected To: WLAN (Wireless)
Allowed on WLAN: Yes
Addressing

Physical Address: c0:38:96:9c:7b:a2
IP Address Assignment: DHCP
IP Address: 192.168.1.68
Always use the same IP address: No
DHCP Lease Time: 0 days, 15:09:58
Anotherone
Champion

I presume as far as the first one you mentioned goes, you know which it is.
If you can't find out any other way - if a device is shown as active, switch off things until it's not active then you've found it, and visa versa if things are not on, switch on one at a time and see what appears.
Steevo
Grafter

I've just traced the first one - it's an iPhone 3GS.
Steevo
Grafter

Is there a way to clear the devices list on the router?
Anotherone
Champion

@steevo
Goto >Home Network >Devices >Configure (top RHS) you can then either Edit entries (I usually add a meaningful name in front of the MAC in the name) so you can see at a glance what they are in the Device list, as well as give them a more appropriate "Type" from the drop-down list if a suitable one hasn't been given - Or you can Delete individual entries.
Steevo
Grafter

Thanks, that's really helpful.
It's a pity it doesn't clear devices automatically after 7 days or so disconnected or so, but I guess it's useful to keep them there.
Steevo
Grafter

Having logged into the router, I also notice the SNRM has recently increased to 9db. Speed is still just under 3000kbps though so I'm happy to leave it at that and see how it fares.
As a side note - the other line I have (not with EE) on a 67db line is still running between 2db and 4db for some strange reason. Seems perfectly happy at that, and has done 3 days maintained connection, and a further 10 days online prior to that. Broadband is a funny beast....!