Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a fault fixed

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Re: How to get a fault fixed

Hi Sarah, apologies for the delay in response.
After some searching I have found the call that took place on the 26th you were referring to and as you stated they did offer you a refund on your first invoice which I have now issued for you. The refund should return through to your side in the next 3-5 working days. Apologies this wasn't documented on the account when offered and I have left the appropriate internal feedback for the agent regarding the issue. 

Let us know if you need anything else moving forwards. 

Ben

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: How to get a fault fixed

@AngrySarah wrote:
I am now on my third day of uninterrupted service. I have an engineer visit booked for weds pm, should this be cancelled? I don’t want to have to pay £65 if they come and because everything appears to be working they find no fault.

Hi Sarah,

I would counsel caution here - looking at the history of what you have reported, I would suspect that there is an iffy joint on your line.  When it works, all is fine ... but fault diagnostics are not likely to find an issue on a working line.

Such faults can come and go as it rains or the sun shines.  This is not untypical of the aged or poorly maintained BTOR copper network.  You might need to keep an eye on this and report intermittent issues to Plusnet as and when they happen.

Broadband is not going to work well if the "phone" line is not working properly.

Please perform a quiet line test - dial 17070 select option 2 using a corded phone plugged into the test socket behind the face plate of the master socket. It should be silent. A noisy phone line (or no dial tone) will have a marked adverse impact on the performance of broadband.

If the line is noisy or there is no dial tone, then a PHONE LINE fault needs to be raised with your phone provider. If this is PlusNet, you can report a fault on line using the button below.  From the Q&A list, choose the one which matches the problem, 'open' the 'section' and click the trouble-shooter link.  NB: If you receive a failure message (rather than a log-in prompt) then log-in to the user portal in a different browser tab and attempt to use the trouble-shooter again.

The above should be done from time to time.  Poorly performing internet connections can appear improved simply by the act of the phone being used (either dialling out or inbound call ring current); such experiences point to damp joints in the phone line.

Internet can even keep limping along when there's no dial tone.  Such issues are why having a corded handset (even if you do not use the land line) is somewhat essential. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.