cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

Thanks for getting back to me @breakinpig

Potentially however I still believe this was the correct call. From experience in these specific type of situations, chasing the delayed order would've likely taken a lot longer. At the moment there's no further delay due to today being a Sunday. If I could place the broadband order today, the lead time would begin from the next working day anyway.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Ok, thanks for the update, Anoush
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Topics from same OP merged into one thread to help staff and keep all information in one place.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi Anoush, @Gandalf 

Any updates on the records query and the new order?

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your time on the phone @breakinpig

As discussed our suppliers have raised the records query across to Openreach and we've been advised to allow 4 working days but this may be resolved sooner.

As soon as the records are updated to show that a broadband order can be placed, I'll get your order in place and request it's expedited for the soonest possible.

I'll call you back on Friday if not sooner with an update.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks for the update Anoush.

If anyone in the community is following this... it will take 4 days for BT to update their records to confirm that we don't have active broadband and then another 4+ working days to actually get it working.

Blows my mind that the Plusnet team have no way of speaking to the Openreach people directly to resolve.

That takes the grand total to 24 days without the internet!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @breakinpig 

We are able to speak with Openreach's helpdesk directly for a lot of issues, unfortunately for records queries we'd go through our suppliers BT Wholesale. Either way though that isn't delaying the resolution, because this problem's now in hand with a back-end team within Openreach and the estimated SLA (lead time) for this particular task is 4 working days.

Again I do sincerely apologise for the delay but please rest assured I'll ensure this is resolved asap in the best possible way. As soon as I have another update I'll call you back

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks for clarifying, Anoush.

I appreciate the SLA is 4 days, and if we were having this discussion on 7 Sep (when I placed the order), I would understand the SLA being stuck to.
However, it seems since the order was placed on 7 Sep, Openreach have failed to progress it at all. Therefore I’m very surprised that Openreach are still insisting on sticking to a 4 day when it’s been 28 days since the order was placed and 11 days since we were due to go live!!!
Appreciate we’re discussing things that are probably out of your wheelhouse so thanks again for grafting to progress this.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @breakinpig I understand what you've said and I agree it's a frustrating experience. Generally different teams have different SLA's and their own escalation processes internally within suppliers.

I've just raised an escalation with the escalation desk at Wholesale now to see if they can escalate this with the relevant back-end team involved to try to put some priority on this. I'll check back on Wednesday as I'm out of the office tomorrow, but they'll be proactively monitoring this in the background and chasing this up where needed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Any update on the expedite request?

Thanks
breakinpig
Rising Star

Sorry, forgot to tag you, @Gandalf 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @breakinpig 

Sorry for the delay although I'll always provide an update on the day I say I will as I'm tracking this via the support ticket 206326393 on your account. Smiley

Unfortunately the Wholesale escalation desk rejected the escalation, because they can't add anything of value to the issue as their records team have already raised this to the appropriate back-end team within Openreach. I've checked the line today and the records aren't correct yet. We're due an update from the records team on Friday.

I'll carry on monitoring and if we receive an update or the line records are cleared sooner I'll be sure to let you know.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks for coming back Anoush. I can’t say I understand how the different Openreach/Wholesale team relate to each other but I’m not surprised that there’s been no progress.

Can we chase them tomorrow or do we need to wait until Friday? I’m very concerned we’ll get to Friday and find that nothing has been done
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@breakinpig 

BT are giving everyone the run-a-round here.  We have seen it too many times.  They have escalation procedures which seem to do nothing other than cause delay, not deliver resolutions.  SLA targets which are disproportionate the to task at hand and no ownership of the issues raised.

They leave retail CP/ISP providers waiting for answers and then respond "not my department's problem" rather than they owing it as a BT wholesale issue until THEY resolve the problems with THEIR systems.

Personally I would be writing to the CEO of BT Group asking them to get BT Wholesale to get their act together and provide a one-stop solution here for Plusnet.  This having been an issue with BTw's records since 7th September is simply unacceptable.  Much of the internals of BT appear to be run as though there were still nationalised - it does not matter if we do not perform, we still get paid!

I have seen Plusnet hung out to dry by BT Wholesale and BT Openreach with similar behaviours far too often over the years.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

breakinpig
Rising Star

@Townman , thanks for your note, interesting to read.

I do find the relationship between Plusnet and BT/Openreach fascinating. Plusnet refer to BT/OR as their supplier but don't seem to view themselves as a customer or expect any kind of service from BT/OR!!! There doesn't seem to be any consequences of BT/OR simply not doing anything and not providing the service.

This records issue is a classic example... it sounds like Plusnet need BT/OR to update a database so that they can re-place the order that was placed on 7 Sep. It's taken BT/OR 4 weeks to realise their mistake and now they want 4 working days to update a database!!!

Just seems absolutely bananas.

Ultimately, however, my contract is with Plusnet and it's their responsibility to provide the service.