cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How to get Plusnet to activate your broadband - any tips???

Thanks for getting back to me @breakinpig 

I'm afraid we can't chase yet as we're still within the timeframe we've been provided.

We should receive an update by the close of play on Friday at the latest. If there are further delays after that I can look at our options for escalating this again as the initial 5 working days the records team wanted would've passed.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks, Anoush.
Is there a clear escalation route directly with the records team if they haven’t actioned the update?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If Wholesale's records team don't provide an update on Friday, there are ways we can escalate this to get an update. With regards to what escalation process they'd have internally with the relevant team within Openreach, I can't say.

I agree with you that you've ordered a service from us so ultimately the buck falls to us. How we achieve that in terms of chasing an issue with our suppliers would be down to us, and I'll make sure we do everything we can to sort this asap.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Thanks Anoush, glad we’ve got you driving this
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi Anoush @Gandalf ,

Thanks for your email, I tried to reply but I don't think the address accepts incoming mail.

I see BT still haven't updated the line. Frankly, i'll be amazed if they've actioned it by tomorrow so hope we're got some route to escalating and trying to get it sorted.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

While the email notifications you receive on the back of a ticket response is one way, at the bottom of the email you should see a button that says something along the lines of "review this question". By logging into your account and clicking this you'll be able to view the ticket online and respond to it from there. 

The review this question link should be this: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=206326393 You'll just need to make sure you're logged into your account first before clicking on that otherwise you'll likely get an error.

I'll follow things up with you before the close of play (6:30 in this case as I finish my shift then) tomorrow. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi Anoush @Gandalf ,

I'm trying to do the above but I'm getting an error whenever I try and respond to the question, perhaps because I'm having to tether my phone?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Accessing our website should work on any connection as long as you're on the internet.

Are you logged into your account before clicking on that link? What's the error you're getting?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

I type in my response but when I press the submit button nothing happens, it’s just stays on the typing in section
breakinpig
Rising Star

Morning Anoush, @Gandalf 

Hope you're well.

It's update day! Looking forward to hearing what Openreach have been up to.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I was actually just loading up your thread to respond as you posted. 

I've discussed this with one of Wholesale's team leaders and I'm advised that their records team escalated this to the second level within the relevant team at Openreach. Today they've escalated this to the ORDI (OpenReach Data Integrity) manager. Due to the upcoming weekend, I'm expecting an update before the close of play on Monday next week.

@breakinpig wrote:
I type in my response but when I press the submit button nothing happens, it’s just stays on the typing in section

Really odd, can you try another browser? I'd also try a browser in private browsing mode (or incognito if you use Chrome)

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

So it's not going to be done today?

@Gandalf 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's still possible because it's the start of the day but I can't guarantee that.

As this has been escalated to the ORDI manager we need to allow them some time to try to fix the records issue. As always I'm still monitoring this continually in the background and as soon as the records are updated I'll get the order in place

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi Anoush,

Any news if the update has happened today?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @breakinpig

I'm afraid that the records haven't changed yet (I've checked almost on an hourly basis today)

We're due another update on Monday and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Again I sincerely apologise for the continued delay. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet