cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect Two Routers on One Home Network

kevin2430

How to Connect Two Routers on One Home Network

Apologies if this has been posted before. I have a Plusnet wireless technicolor router in a home office (Main), the wifi is not good enough to use a Now TV box in the sitting room. I have a spare plusnet technicolor wireless router that I want to hard wire to the main router in the office, with the spare in the living room (Slave) . I hope that makes sense?
Can anyone please let me know :
Is it possible?
What settings need changing on the routers, I will call them Main and Slave.
Is there a print out or webpage with the info all together?
Many Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: How to Connect Two Routers on One Home Network

kevin2430

npr
Thank you very much.
I have been looking at other sites, they talk about setting one router as a Bridge, changing port settings and lots of other
terms that I am not familiar with as I have never tried doing this before.
Even the plusnet virtual assistant got lost Smiley
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If by virtual assistant you mean the "electronic" Jess (as opposed to Jess who runs CRT) well she has problems finding her way through most things!
A suggestion - if you configure the wifi on both routers to use the same SSID and passphrase but put them on different channels, devices will roam freely and un-noticed from one AP to the other as you move around the home.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.