Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon can I gateway hop?

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

How soon can I gateway hop?

I have just done a "gateway hop" and increased myy synch speed by one level..... how soon after that "hop" can I do another? to see if it will increase the sync speed to the next level?
(line is stable, and routerstats show 7db with a level trace, (very few noise spikes, and then only .5db )
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How soon can I gateway hop?

"Gateway Hop" per se doesn't affect sync speeds as it doesn't require a resync at the exchange
A resync in mid morning, as you appear to have done, should give the best result.
I doubt that a further resync during the day will have any significant effect
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Thanks Jim.... my overnight snr dropped from 6 to 3.5 and then, while I was asleep, something made the line drop and when I re-started the computer this morning, the sync speed had dropped with a snr of 7.... this resulted in my BT synch dropping speed, and my throughput speed too... so did the "hop" to bring the synch speed up ...
just wondered if I did another one later on  (say 2-3pm ish) if I might get the synch speed up another level.... or should I wait until tomorrow at 10 ish?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Its a game of chance, last time mine did that it took a full three days before it went up