cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much is the phone service with Plusnet?

Jessica
Grafter

How much is the phone service with Plusnet?

I’ve just received my phone bill from BT.  I didn’t realise I was paying £42.07 in charges each quarter.  Is Plusnet the same as BT?  I think they are the same company.
Can any one advise me?

13 REPLIES 13
Not applicable

Re: How much is the phone service with Plusnet?

£9.75 per month for evenings/weekends (includes line rental and calls between 6 p.m. and 8 a.m. plus weekends)
£14.65 per month for Anytime (includes line rental and calls any time of day/night)
If you require call features such as voicemail or caller display these are extra.
Both packages do not include mobile and 0845/0870 numbers.
coastergrotto
Grafter

Jessica:
I think you should seriously consider switching to Plusnet and they charge monthly.  You can also monitor the cost of your calls on the website.  I switched around a year ago and never regretted it.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: poppy
14.65 per month for Anytime (includes line rental and calls any time of day/night)

That's Anytime + (note the +). Anytime is a legacy product no longer advertised that gives just 240 minutes of inclusive calls per month.
Jessica
Grafter

Thanks guys,
Is the phone package only available with a broadband package?  What I’d like to know is; will I have to change/move to another package and incur an eighteen month contract?  At the mo I’m on Option 3.  I really don’t want to change to a heavily throttled package.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

No you shouldn't have to change your BB package at all. Do you currently pay by DD or CC? If you take HomePhone you'll need to add DD.
Jessica
Grafter

At the moment we pay by CC.  I’ll have to ask my father about DD.  Not sure if that’s possible.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Quote from: coastergrotto
I think you should seriously consider switching to Plusnet and they charge monthly.  You can also monitor the cost of your calls on the website.

I am charged monthly by BT and also check my calls on line Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anotherone
Champion

But you pay by DD? and isn't it still more expensive?
itsme
Grafter

I'm with BT with free evening and weekends with caller display and it cost £10.27. For the same with PN it would cost £11.22. So PN for me is more expensive by nearly a quid..
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just received a come back to BT letter and it said that prices were going up by £1 in April (I think the date is correct as I threw the letter away)
HairyMcbiker
All Star

from an email I just got:-
Monthly cost of £10.27 (£11.25 from 1st April) with Direct Debit and paper-free billing

So PN beat them by 3 PENCE! BUT no free 08x0 numbers, make one of them every 3 months and you are cheaper staying with BT, which is what I am about to do as my renewal is next month.
Jessica
Grafter

I’ve just been doing my own calculations.  I think I’ll stick with BT for now.
I did read somewhere here that Plusnet were offering a broadband/phone package worth looking at.  I think things have changed recently.  Not good Plusnet…
Anotherone
Champion

You are only on a one month contract on HomePhone for free evening and weekend calls (UK Landlines). To get that from BT you need to be on a 12month contract.