cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much does it cost to terminate contract?

Addnan
Grafter

How much does it cost to terminate contract?

I am considering ending the contract with Plusnet and would like to know how much it wil cost. The peak time usage is just pathetic. I can get cheaper unlimted with Sky and they don't slow down no where near as much as PN. Today I have been downloading a Nvidia driver at 7-16KB/s, I know about the restrictions, but 16KB/s thats just crazy. It is not their servers fault, I have tried direct from Nvidia, XFX and Guru3D. Downloading a little 800KB file took me minutes, it should take about 2 seconds.
I switched to unlimited because I thought I would be able to watch iplayer in HD, buffers every 2 seconds.
11 REPLIES 11
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: How much does it cost to terminate contract?

What are your line stats? With your PS3 issue and other stuff I wonder if there is more to it than just the shaping that's causing your issues.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Addnan
Grafter

This is some stuff in the router.
Not sure if this what you wanted.
Link Information

Uptime: 0 days, 21:39:48

DSL Type: G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 7,008

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00
I had Sky broadband ever since they came out and have had zero problems, but then decided to move here because a lot of friends were saying how good it is. In the morning I get about 5.5mbs, right now I am getting just over 2mbs. That shouldn't mean 16KB/s dw speed.
What other issues could there be? There is no issue during the day, but as soon as it hits 6pm it is pretty much unusable.  
Some more stuff inside the router
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 15.5 / 27.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 21.0 / 11.5

Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / TSTC

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote): 0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 5 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

CRC Errors (Up/Down): 98 / 539

HEC Errors (Up/Down):
Addnan
Grafter

I think it is just the shaping. Now that it is past 10.30, downloads are going faster, but I don't care if it is fast at that time. I game between 7-10ish and can't game after that since work starts pretty early in the morning. Evrything is limited more than it is supposed to. Gaming is impossible, downloading a 800KB file takes few minutes.
I can't deal with shaping like this. I need to know what charges there are to cancellation.
goberpiles
Grafter

Take the remaining time of you contract and times the montlhy charge by it.
I have a letter sat on my desk ready to send to the Customer Servics Director about my issues as its been months and it takes the piss that they expect us all to put up with it.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

From today you are no longer tied to a 12/18 month contract although there may be some deferred charges to pay if leaving within the previously agreed term.
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79218
goberpiles
Grafter

Going to ring them tomorrow and see how much it will cost to leave, I got a good mind to send the shitty router they sent me back as its too poor to even use.
Addnan
Grafter

I feel like sticking with them for another month and see how it goes, but then again its 6.30am and I can't get any websites to load.
Addnan
Grafter

I think I will stay with PN for now, but can someone take a look at my speed problems, especially with the ps3. Also the fact that I download at 10KB/s between 6-10pm.
Yesterday a mix of anger made me wantot o leave.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

What is your BT profile - have a look here http://speedtester.bt.com/
Another thing to check is your exchange - http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
You can also try raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net - but at the moment it's down for maintenance..
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Addnan
Grafter

Thank you. I will get back to you around 6 since I have to go out now. I can't run it right now because I installed Windows 7 last night and was not even able to download java because of the speeds.
goberpiles
Grafter

Something happens at 6pm which makes the connection poo.
I can during the day play 10v10 Fifa 10 games with no issue, I can load websites and watch You Tube, wife can use facebook and play the games.  Come 6pm, You Tube slows down too much to even use, Facebook goes slow as hell and she cant play Bejeweld, and I cant even attempt to play my PS3 online due to the lag.