Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many disconnects before the snr rises

lenny
Grafter

How many disconnects before the snr rises

Is this statement correct that I have just read on a website

A small number of disconnections is to be expected on ADSL; the default settings on BT’s line management allow up to an average of 10 per day before it would take action to stabilise the line.

Thanks
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: How many disconnects before snr rises

I don't know if 10 per day is still the exact number, but the statement is probably about right. I know from experience that the Dynamic Line Management (DLM) isn't too bothered about 1 or 2 disconnections per day. Also, the DLM also monitors other things such as the error rate, and the DLM doesn't need to wait for a disconnection for it to take action, the DLM is capable of disconnecting you if and when it decides to take action.
What exact number of disconnections is to be expected is probably a matter of opinion, some people might have perfect phone lines, wiring, and equipment and get a DSL connection that remains connected for several months, other people might decide 1 or 2 disconnections a day doesn't actually matter really, and isn't worth the hassle of trying to get fixed.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 2

Re: How many disconnects before the snr rises

I seem to remember it being 12 back on 20CN. However, we'll use common sense when it comes to these things and won't take matters literally. This also refers to drops where connections come straight back, and not if you lose connectivity for a while.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
lenny
Grafter

Re: How many disconnects before the snr rises

Thanks for replies guys