cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to re-provision to ADSL2 (21CN)?

faulknerm88
Grafter

How long to re-provision to ADSL2 (21CN)?

Morning All,
As you may have seen from one of my earlier threads, my exchange has fairly recently been upgraded and, after becoming aware of this, I asked Plusnet to upgrade my service.
Have just this morning had an ETA for this to be completed, which seems to be a long time when compared to some of the threads I've read on here. Before I query this with Plusnet, I just thought I'd check what the typical timeframe for this would be?
Wasn't sure whether something had chanced which means it now takes longer than in some of the older threads I've been reading - and didn't want to make myself look like a fool!  Cheesy
Thanks in advance. Smiley
16 REPLIES 16
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: How long to re-provision to ADSL2 (21CN)?

Seem to remember reading somewhere that it partly depends on when BT are prepared to schedule an engineer visit to your exchange to make the change (they presumably won't send someone out just to change one customer over.)
When mine was done I was given a lead time of about 10 days, although it was actually actioned one day earlier than advised.
itsme
Grafter

Because your exchange has recently been upgraded and probably the surrounding exchanges as well the workload for the Openreach Frames Engineers will be very high so even though the lead time is longer than normal I would say it's not excessive. An Engineer will only do 16 to 20 conversions a day and even with multiple Engineers it will take several days to convert 1000's of lines.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've checked against your line @faulknerm88 and can see that an order is in place for completion on the 24th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
faulknerm88
Grafter

Thanks for the feedback. Smiley
Apologies if I was a touch misleading - what I actually meant was that I'd recently become aware that my exchange has been upgraded. I understand it was actually upgraded a number of months ago.
For comparison, the lead time I've been given is 15 days.

Cheers,
Edit: Thanks Adam, I had a ticket confirmation of this in the early hours of this morning (kudos to your guys for still being working then...glad I wasn't the only one!) the 15 day leadtime just seemed quite a lot longer than some other people had experienced, which is why I queried it here.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi faulknerm88,
The lead time for an order placed via our internal systems will typically be 14 days. You may have seen instances on here where we have placed a manual order, which completes in about 7 days. Typically, manual orders won't be placed as they take more time and require placing a step-by-step order on our suppliers website.
Jojo Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Elapsed or working days?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I think it's 5 working days and 10 working days Smiley
nicksy
Dabbler

i got told 5 weeks, is there anyway of speeding it up at all?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi nicksy,
The order has already been committed and will go ahead on the 24th January.
Jojo Smiley
nicksy
Dabbler

Quote from: Joanne
Hi nicksy,
The order has already been committed and will go ahead on the 24th January.
Jojo Smiley

Thank you Jojo, having a date now will at least stop me doing a speed test everyday hoping i got lucky, lol Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Bear in mind that it can be anytime up to midnight that day and there will be a short period of downtime while you're moved across. Smiley
nicksy
Dabbler

thats fine, at least i will know on the 24th if i lose connection its a good thing Cheesy
faulknerm88
Grafter

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101489.0.html
Threads like this were the reason I queried the time scale for the switch, as I was given 14 day lead time, compared to this user being given 7 days.

Guess it's just one of those things...
itsme
Grafter

Bulk is done at night and has to be planned in advance. Manual orders are done in the day and can be done quicker when free slots are available.