cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get back to normal speed?

peter10
Grafter

How long to get back to normal speed?

On Sunday evening whilst I was on the phone I noticed that part way through the call the line suddenly became noisy. . This seemed to initiate a series of disconnections with my broadband. At least 6 occurred (maybe more) and my speed dropped from a steady 12.0 Mbps down and 0.75 Mbps up to about 9 Mbps and 0.09Mbps. I assume the DLM had caused this. The line seems stable again and I can hear no noise on the quiet line test now so how long will it take for the speed to return to normal? If the noise returns I guess that I will have to use the test socket and change  the filter and router before raising a fault.  
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: How long to get back to normal speed?

Provided the line remains stable, and everything is in order it can take a few days for sync to change automatically.
I've tested your phone line as a precaution and this looks to be OK. Having done this, I dropped your session (which won't cause DLM any issues) so I cannot check what you are currently syncing at. If required, we can change your SNR which might improve things.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
peter10
Grafter

Thanks. Speed back to normal.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team