cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to get a reply from PlusNet sales?

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

How long to get a reply from PlusNet sales?

Hey,
I am (potentially) a returning PlusNet customer, and used the Sales Conatct Us form to send a question to them late last week regarding 'Price Beat'.
Does anyone know how long it takes them to reply to sales enquiries?  I'm probably being impatient, but I'm trying to decide on who to switch to before my current supplier's renewal date - which is in 11 days.  I should have my MAC by tomorrow latest, since that will be 5 working days from requesting it, so want to have all the information I need to make a final decision by then.
Thanks in advance,  Neil
9 REPLIES 9
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: How long to get a reply from PlusNet sales?

Hi kjaerligkatt,
I've just had a word with one of the sales managers and he said they're usually picked up in about 4 hours. He can't see why you wouldn't have had a reply unless it was closed in error. He suggests you either raise it again or call on 0845 140 0200.
Jojo Smiley
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Thanks Jojo,
I've just resubmitted the Sales Enquiry - it's difficult to call, as I'm currently in the US working.
Incidentally, the Sales Enquiry form give 0800 0731120 as the number to call, which is different to the number you gave.  Which is correct? Also, is there a geographic number that I could call, if I get the opportunity, as I've had problems calling 0800/0845 numbers from the US
Cheers,  Neil
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi kjaerligkatt,
Have you taken away the first zero when you dialled the +44?
I'm sure the contact will be picked up though.
Jojo Smiley
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Sorry to bring this back to the forum, but Sales seem really busy and slow to reply Sad
I received a reply to my query yesterday, shortly after Jojo chased it Wink  As it turns out, the price I thought I'd found wasn't cheaper - fair enough, I can't do maths and 'Price Beat' doesn't apply.  However the reply also added :
Also you aren't looking at the value package, you have indicated you would be looking at Extra or Pro, so these prices wouldn't be the ones to look at anyway.
Our price match only applies to the cheapest standalone broadband in the market, not cheapest in a particular category.

So I wrote back yesterday afternoon to ask for a further explaination, and asked the following:
I wonder if you could explain the price match a little further for me.  What I understood from your website, and the further clarification on your community forums, is that your promise is that if there is a broadband only package (i.e. no other services, such as phone calls, included) available on my exchange then your will offer Value, Extra or Pro at the 'Price Beat' price indicated in this table (item 4):
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml
Is that not correct?  I understand that the Madasfish price is NOT lower, as you have pointed out, but IF it had been the price I thought then I understood that the Price Beat price in the above table would have been offered on each of your packages.  Is that not correct?
If I am not comparing the correct prices for Extra and Pro, as you say, then which prices should I be comparing?

What I'd done is look at the cheapest broadband only prices for the competitor (in this particular case Madasafish MAX, their most basic, cheapest offering), and compared it to PlusNet Value.  What I understand is that IF the competitor's lowest broadband only packaged HAD been cheaper than Plusnet Value, then the Price Beat charges for Value, Extra OR Pro would be available to choose from.  The reply from Plusnet seems to suggest that if I'm considering Extra or Pro I should be looking at different figures from the competitor, not their cheapest as I'd had done.  Although the second sentence seems to confirm I've done it correctly, it doesn't then make sense - since I WAS taking the competotors lowest price!  And it seems to contradict the 1st sentence, which says I've compared the wrong cometotor's prices, since I'm thinking of Extra or Pro!
I'm really confused now Sad  Could someone maybe explain what I've got wrong, and what the reply from PlusNet sales means?
Thanks in advance,  Neil
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Our price promise is not applicable to Extra, Pro or any other account, the only account that we will beat any standalone broadband price on is Value.
Take a look at this page for the details, in particular this paragraph explains it well.
The price promise is on Plusnet Value Broadband versus the lowest cost standalone broadband product available from a competitor. It covers the total cost of broadband (subscription + setup costs) over the competitor contract length, up to 24 months.

I hope I've been able to explain the 'won't be beat on price' promise now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Now I'm totally confused! Please explain why lower Price Beat prices are shown for Extra and Pro in this table: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/low_cost_areas.shtml#costs
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

I understand that you must compare the lowest prices - that is clear, and what I've been doing.
However, you say it is not applicable to Extra or Pro (which is inline with the other reply I got) BUT the table I refer to shows a 'Price Beat' entry for both:
Plusnet Extra    Price Beat  £11.49 £15.79
Plusnet Pro      Price Beat £16.49 £20.79
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Depending on the exchange and the prices we're charged there, in some of them we're offering an in-between price for those products. It's not a 'price-beat' price, and we should probably clarify that. I'll raise it internally, cheers Jelv.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kjaerligkatt
Grafter

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused Jelv!
To be honest, this lack of apparant understanding of the offer by Plusnet staff and poor clarity is seriously beginning to put me off re-signing with Plusnet Sad  If it's not clear internally, how can we be expected to understand it as prospective customers?
I have to say, I think the products look very good and definitely competitive in the current market BUT my experience with getting answers from Sales over the past 5 days is really putting me off.