cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to be removed from Postini?

praethon
Grafter

How long to be removed from Postini?

OK, so like a few people I have had enough of Postini. I raised a ticket (ticket ID 24370571) asking them to change my mx records to point to the Plusnet mail servers instead of the Postini mail servers. This ticket was raised 4 days ago and there has been no response to date. How long should I expect to wait before any action is taken?
10 REPLIES 10
praethon
Grafter

Re: How long to be removed from Postini?

Well it looks like my posting on here has prompted some action from CS. Within 20 mins of posting on the forum the ticket was updated. Thanks for that Chris  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'd actually just noticed there were a couple of unanswered tickets in there and was about to reply to them when you posted. Smiley
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
praethon
Grafter

So what is happening now. No emails are coming through at all. Until the DNS records have fully propagated, am I going to be without my domain mailboxes?
Chris
Legend

It looks like the domain mx records are still pointing to Postini but your domain is no longer in their system. I've raised a problem to stop this happening in future and also sent a ticket from your account up to our networks team to resolve this for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
praethon
Grafter

Chris, can you please give the network team a nudge on that ticket you raised. There has been no action yet. I am still without 11 email accounts because of this  Angry
Chris
Legend

Sorry for the delay, one of my colleagues is going to look at this asap.
praethon
Grafter

All sorted. Thanks Chris  Smiley
mcgurka
Grafter

Lucky you! Ive had an on-going problem (for years now!!) which I decided to raise again back in February.. only recently has it been discovered that it was the fault of postini... and a faulty script which I am told is fixed... so I will sit tight and see if it will work!
*waits on CSC*
MrToast
Grafter

Until spotting this thread I was not aware that bypassing Postini was an option.... Is there any further background anyone could point me to?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I'm guessing from your other post this evening that you found the necessary info. Remember to give me a nudge tomorrow and I'll make sure your problem gets sorted out.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵