Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for upload speed uncap?

Lee0101
Grafter

How long for upload speed uncap?

Hi,
How long should it normally take to have your broadband upload speed uncapped?
I requested it on the 18th July and it says it might take 5 days.
It's now nearly a week later and no change.
Lee
5 REPLIES 5
Eddddddddd
Dabbler

Re: How long for upload speed uncap?

I asked for mine several months ago, and yet I never get above 0.3 Mbps upload. Which is one of the reasons I am moving away from Plusnet...
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Lee0101 - your order completed early this morning so you should be seeing increased upload speeds as of now, please let us know if not?
@Eddddddddd - Sorry to hear you're leaving, I can see you asked about interleaving back in December and our CSC returned the ticket to you with some information and asking you to confirm if you wanted to go ahead - unfortunately the ticket timed out after 14 days awaiting a reply from yourself. I'd have been happy to place the order for tomorrow but can see that you've already started the migration to another provider, so sorry about that and thanks very much for your custom.
Lee0101
Grafter

Hi Matt,
Yes the uncap has happened, and i don't know if it's an effect of the process or from something else but i've had my lowest ping drop to 13ms from 15ms - it might not seem much but i'm a gamer. Smiley
Thanks.
Lee
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good news, though I have to say as a gamer myself (usually FPS) I've never worried about any pings under 60ms - with the exception of blops2 (no longer play it, lord it got boring fast) where I'd *rather* have a ping over 60... got to love lag compensation.
I guess you're more into WoW if ping needs to be that low? Got to get them lewts...
Lee0101
Grafter

I'm more of a Battlefield veteran and yes, i never really notice much of a difference if the server i'm on has a good connection as my pings have usually always been fairly low and stable but the 2ms lower response times are still welcome from me.
Their was a bit more of a noticeable difference going from 56k to broadband back in the day though. Smiley
Lee