cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for a reply when doing broadband troubleshooter started

Maximus
Dabbler

How long for a reply when doing broadband troubleshooter started

I carried this out on Sunday evening about 7.45 p.m. and had a reply almost instantly saying their checks could  take up to 24 hours but not heard since. I did a chaser on the question this morning around 8.45 a.m. so am I being impatient or should I have heard by now?
6 REPLIES 6
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: How long for a reply when doing broadband troubleshooter started

Automated testing is done in 24 hours generally, with a person picking it up a little later (48-72 hours from it being raised IIRC).
One of my colleagues in the faults team appears to have picked this up for you already this morning. Hopefully the action taken will sort it for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Maximus
Dabbler

Hi Plusnettony
As you said I spoke with two very helpful guys this morning and the end result was an engineer is calling to my house in the morning as my speed is averaging 1.7 where your guys said it ought to be nearer 17. So I'm hoping to get it up so I can carry on watching my HD streaming movies etc.
Thanks for your replying to my posting  Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Your line still doesn't look as good as it could.
The profile has jumped to 7.5Mbit though, so if you're not getting this, please re-connect to the internet to get the new speeds straight away.
Your line is also limited in terms of upload speed. I've placed an order to correct this, but today being a Friday before a bank holiday, it will be Tuesday when it completes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Maximus
Dabbler

Hi Tony and thanks so much for your help and sorry I've not replied sooner but been out of action poorly.
The engineer was superb and went well beyond the call of duty to get me sorted as he realised I am pretty much housebound and often bedbound and used my internet a lot.
He said he was getting 10m direct from the telephone entry socket but it was coming through my router at only just over 2m. So he changed the main BT socket and not much difference so got on the phone to several different folks and it went straight to just over 7m but said it was showing I perhaps should get to 13m once it had all settled down and the cap someone put on yesterday was lifted higher once it was realised the line should support a higher speed.
So I'm happy and once again thanks for your input  Smiley 
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Glad to hear he got it sorted.
Let us know if you have any further issues.
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Maximus
Dabbler

All seems sorted and end result is a stable speed of 11.95Mbps so I'm a very happy man  Smiley