cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to switch to Plusnet

ARealHighlander

Re: How long does it take to switch to Plusnet

Good luck getting connected.
I am now 23 days past my supposed connection date. Everytime I get in touch I'm told they are really sorry and that the order is "stuck" in OpenReach but its been "escalated"and I will get an update in 48 hours (unless its over a weekend - they dont work weekends)
Its gone past the Janitor and must be up at Chief Tea Maker by now. Ive had 5 escalations by now, still no sign of having any broadband and I have no confidence that I will. PlusNet great customer service - yes but that is because they have so many complaints to deal with!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@ARealHighlander
Not good, sorry to hear you've had a poor experience, I'll pick your thread up as soon as I can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bromder
Grafter

Quote from: Robnor2
I made my order on 19/09/15 and so far it is still at the checking details stage

4 weeks and 4 days for myself and that time was from them disconnecting me from my last supplier, ive had so many issues and still experiencing slow speeds, some of the issues are from openreach but just as many from plusnet poor service and mistakes in processing the order. GL your may need it  Smiley
Robnor2
Dabbler

Can you provide any updates today?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hopefully.
Just getting in touch with our suppliers now to check what they're telling us today regarding your order.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately it's not the news I was hoping for considering how long this matter has been ongoing and the previous updates/assurances we've been given by our suppliers.
After a lengthy conversation and escalating the chat to a manager, the issue has still not been resolved. The manager I spoke to has advised they will be taking personal ownership of this from their side and has said they will provide further updates after 4pm tomorrow.
I do sincerely apologise that this matter is still ongoing and I hope to have some better news for you tomorrow. Thank you for your patience with this matter.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Robnor2
Dabbler

Any news?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately I have not received an email with updates, from the manager I spoke to yesterday. Angry
I've sent a chaser email and copied their manager in to this, expressing my concerns. I will keep you posted as soon as I have more information.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Robnor2
Dabbler

This is getting ridiculous
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I understand this is already ridiculous and I can assure you that I am doing all I can to get matters resolved as soon as possible.
I'm expecting further updates shortly.
As per my previous post, as soon as I have more information I will keep you updated.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Again, unfortunately I do not have good news. Our suppliers have now somehow cancelled the order and left TAGs on the line which are preventing us from getting a new order placed.
The manager who has been providing me updates has advised they are working on resolving this and assured me that a new order will be expedited at their cost once we are able to replace the order.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Slightly better news than there's been over the past few days.
Our suppliers have now rectified the TAGs issue and I have been able to replace your order. I have notified our suppliers that the order has been replaced, as they have said they will work to expedite this asap.
As always, I'll keep you updated as soon as I have any further information. Thanks again for your patience with this matter.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Robnor2
Dabbler

Any update?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately the order had still not completed when I left work yesterday.
The good news is that the expedite had completed and the order was showing as complete when I got in to work this morning.
However the bad news is that you appear to have a fault (Assuming everything is plugged in) as a test on your connection is showing no sync Cry
I've raised this with our suppliers and they now want to send an engineer out for further investigation. I've also now updating the ticket on your account to reflect this.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Robnor2
Dabbler

My router is switched off at the moment.I will switch it on and test when I get home
When I tried to connect last week it was syncing at 16mb/s