cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to switch to Plusnet

Robnor2
Dabbler

How long does it take to switch to Plusnet

I made my order on 19/09/15 and so far it is still at the checking details stage
31 REPLIES 31
nightstalk3r
Rising Star

Re: How long does it take to switch to Plusnet

10 working days at best if Openreach don't screw it up like they usually do.
Robnor2
Dabbler

Still no movement
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm just checking this for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Robnor2
Dabbler

Thanks
My anytime phone is now active and my account says broadband is 'complete' when will I be able to use it
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're looking at it now, we should have more information shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Robnor2
Dabbler

I have received an email saying the broadband is now active but I am unable to coonect.I have checked that the username and password are correct
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Sorry about that. That will have been me activating your account.
Basically the order to migrate the service from MAAF to Plusnet has become stuck in our suppliers systems. A colleague chased this up earlier today and they were advised that it is complete in their backend systems and you should have been able to connect. Because of this, I activated the account to make sure that wasn't restricting you.
I had done this as we had been advised it will take them 2 working days to update their systems and send us official confirmation that the order is complete.
I'm sorry to hear you're still unable to get online and unfortunately we won't be able to investigate the reason for this until our order actually shows as complete. However I do have the ticket with myself to monitor and will ensure the necessary refund is issued for the time your account has been active but the service hasn't been.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Robnor2
Dabbler

So is it likely to be Monday before I can connect?
Robnor2
Dabbler

Any updates on this?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Robnor2,
The issue is still being worked on at the moment.
We've been advised that we should have an update for you tomorrow so I'll set myself a reminder and reply back to you here.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Robnor2
Dabbler

I received an email yesterday saying
'I am sorry to see that your connection is still not up and running. I had previously been given the expectations that this should have been active no later than midnight yesterday, therefore I have chased this matter with our suppliers again this morning for you.  I have been advised that another exception (Supplier system issue impacting orders) has appeared on the order, however I have escalated this matter due to the delays already incurred and I have been advised we can expect you to be online by the end of today.  I will be out of the office tomorrow, however I will ensure a colleague picks this up on my behalf and keeps you updated.'
I tried connecting earlier today without success
Please can you advise when this issue will be sorted
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm really sorry to see there's been further delays with the order as per Harry's update from yesterday.
I'm going to chase our suppliers again now and find out what I can for you.
EDIT: This is taking a long while to chase, however I'm escalating the issue as best we can. Please bear with me and look out for an update to ticket 112626036.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Robnor2
Dabbler

This is now becoming very frustrating
I now want a definite, confirmed date for when I can use the broadband service
I would have thought transferring from MAAF (a Plusnet company!!) to Plusnet would have been the easiest transfer to do
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi Robnor2,
Have you seen the update from me after the one you quoted.
We know it's frustrating however we don't have a date to give at the moment. We know that's what you want but our suppliers haven't committed to one yet.
What we can commit to at this stage as per what our suppliers have committed to is that we should be able to confirm a date for the transfer by the end of the day on the 26th.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team