Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a router?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: How long does it take to get a router?

Hi there.

It looks like your broadband order wasn't placed at the same time as the order to install your line.

I'm placing it now and we'll update your ticket when we know of your activation.

You should receive your router before this happens.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Shoeless
Dabbler

What do you mean it wasn't?   

I only made one order and that was weeks ago.

I trust that you're not going to start to bill me for something that you've not delivered yet.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

When we place orders with our suppliers, we place the phone order with Openreach, and the broadband order with BT Wholesale. A lot of the time we're able to put the orders through simultaneously.

I'm sorry to see this wasn't the case for you.

Because your broadband and home phone are activated at different times, you should see a pro-rata discount on your second month's bill.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Shoeless
Dabbler

I have just received an eMail this morning telling me that the broadband will be ready not this week as initiall promised but later on: a full month after I had ordered the service.

You tell me that I will be getting a 'pro-rata' reduction.    Well, have a look at the package that I ordered it's the BROADBAND only package.   Have a look at the phone line usage: apart from the engineer from Kelly Communications testing the line there has been no phone line traffic over the line.  

We don't even own a handset for the landline as we have mobile phones with unlimited minutes so our requirement for a phone line aspect of this broadband is zero.

In short we are using this line for broadband and broadband only.   So, when you tell me that there will be a 'pro-rata' reduction; how much percentage-wise will be there be for the days delay?

My my calculations there should be a pro-rata reduction of 100% per day.   What were PlusNet thinking of offering?

Shoeless
Dabbler

The bill for the package has just arrived this morning in my customer area.

I notice that I have NOT been given a refund for the missing two weeks of my connection when PlusNet failed to request a Broadband connection for my Broadband only service.

If you look back at the messages in this thread you will see that I should be given a reduced bill this month as per the various promises.    This has not happened.

Please let me know what is being done about this billing issue.

I would appreciate a better way of contacting you than this open forum, eMail would be preferred.

RJM
Rising Star

"I would appreciate a better way of contacting you than this open forum, eMail would be preferred."

Plusnet don't do email.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Is this your second.months bill? Or did you miss that bit?

Shoeless
Dabbler

This is my second bill, or third if one counts the original deposit/connection charge.

The duration on the bill for the connection is for the month (1st to the end of the month) that the connection was initiated but the connection didn't come in for the first half of the month because PlusNet 'forgot' to request an internet connection but I note that I am still being charged for that first fortnight.

Cheers
  Malc