cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does broadband activation take?

digby31

How long does broadband activation take?

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for broadband to be activated?
After putting in an order on the 9th August, an engineer failing to show up on the 21st August, then two more engineers coming out over the course of the last few days we finally have a phone line. This took over a month!
However, the broadband is still not activated. Seeing as we've had such delays you'd think it would be possible to get it sorted in a shorter space than 5-7 days. If this is the case it will be approaching 6 weeks without any internet connection!
4 REPLIES 4
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: How long does broadband activation take?

Hi digby31,
Thank you for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear about the delays in activation.
I can see that your phone activated yesterday and today one of our provisioning agents placed the broadband order for competition on 16/09/2014.
Dan
digby31

Hi Dan,
Thank you for your response!
Just to clarify, does that mean that broadband will be activated on the 16th, or could it be that broadband will be available at any time up to and including the 16th?
dick:quote
DanHodby
Grafter

Well there's a chance it could complete before the 16th but its unlikely.
The best way to think of it is that it could complete anytime up until Midnight on the 16th.
digby31

Quote from: Dan
Well there's a chance it could complete before the 16th but its unlikely.
The best way to think of it is that it could complete anytime up until Midnight on the 16th.

OK, I see.
It's just really frustrating still being without the internet nearly six weeks after we ordered. Especially since we thought it would all be sorted by the end of August at the latest, but because of an admin error that wasn't at all our fault it wasn't!
I know everyone thinks that their case is the most important and should be dealt with straight away, but is there no way this can be sped up at all? Everyone in my house is having to absolutely hammer their mobile internet and it's not much fun. Sad