cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I wait for an answer?

claudsgate

How long do I wait for an answer?

How long is the normal waiting time for an answer to a problem from Plusnet?
I have a recurring fault  on my broadband that shows up every couple of months or so, my connection keeps dropping & then my speed is very slow, 0.7kb for the past few days now.
I had exactly the same problem with BT I moved to Plusnet not because of the problem but because of the time BT took to finally reset my speed, usually 10 to 20 days. 
I have had a number of visits from Outreach engineers over the past couple of years who have never ever been able to find a fault.
I have the latest mains socket which the router is plugged directly into & fresh cables
Throwing my rattle out of the pram with BT has led to a quick return to normal broadband speed.
I reported the fault Saturday, 3 days ago but have heard nothing from Plusnet
So how quick are Plusnet & if the fault continues how's the best way to get a resolution?
3 REPLIES 3
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: How long do I wait for an answer?

Hi Claudsgate,
We are awaiting the results of the tests that have been run on your line to diagnose the fault. The normal response time is up-to 72 hours from when you completed the fault checker.
Your ticket #58905620 will be updated shortly, this will be the best way to get this resolved. It may be that we need to persist at it but we will until the fix is found.
Any other question please ask.
Chris
claudsgate

Thanks Chris I have just been informed that my line is now stable & I will soon be back up to speed.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Glad to hear Smiley hopefully that will be sorted for you, if not then let us know and we'll take it from there.