cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I have to wait for a connection and why are the agents so bad at their jobs?

natalieshannon1

How long do I have to wait for a connection and why are the agents so bad at their jobs?

I signed up to Plusnet on 18th March and arranged to have my line installed on 8th April which was due to my availability. Since that date I have been further exasberated each time i have had to contact them, which has been every few days at least, by the service I have received from Plusnet. I have had to call them so many times that I can't recall exactly what has been said anymore but the to be honest, its hard to decipher what is true and what is lies. The customer service is nothing short of a joke, the agents will lie and lie and lie. Yesterday an agent actually could remember what lies she had told me and had to admit this when I called her on it. I am now so stressed that I am having sleepless nights about this and after 4/5/6 visits by Openreach engineers, having been promised it would go live today, I wake up today to an email stating there has been a delay. So the hour long conversation at 4pm yesterday, in which I was told all the work was complete, was again a pack of lies. The agents will tell you repeatedly that they have 'escalated the issue to Openreach', this seems to be a phrase that they use to try and appease you. It means nothing and only serves to patronise you. The way I have been spoken to and dealt with during this ordeal has not only been frustrating but completely insulting. I have, on numerous occasions, asked to speak to a manager and been told that there is a 4 hour call back time. I asked for this on the 10th April and am still waiting so I guess their timescales are way out also?! I have seen and spoken to Openreach engineers on my street working on the line on dates that don't correspond with the random and confusing texts and emails that they send you regarding when the work will be done. I have yet to be told what exactly the problem is as to why I don't have the broadband service that I have paid for. 45 days and counting....
5 REPLIES 5
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: How long do I have to wait for a connection and why are the agents so bad at their jobs?

Hi @natalieshannon1

Thank you for getting in touch with us over the Community forum.

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had while waiting for your services to activate, this is not the level of service that we want any of our customers to receive.

Having reviewed your account I can see that this has now been escalated within our Order Updates Team who is investigating your query fully. They will be monitoring the ticket relating to the query whilst investigating so will keep updating you as soon as possible. The escalated ticket can be found here

I am sorry for the issues you have experienced and we will continue to do everything we can to resolve the delays as quickly as possible.

natalieshannon1

Re: How long do I have to wait for a connection and why are the agents so bad at their jobs?

Not helpful at all and also laughable that you use the ‘escalation’ term which has no impact at all. What I need is a senior manager who is going to get this sorted today yet still waiting till the end of the day to get another nonsense update. Every day i’m told to wait until tomorrow. An agent has now sent me the full details of what the engineers have done and they were actually trying to get access to the property yesterday. I was at work and nobody told
Me that they needed new access and I needed to be in! Shocking
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hello @natalieshannon1,

I appreciate this has been ongoing for longer than we both would expect and I sincerely apologise for the continuous delays in trying to complete your order.

The provisioning ticket on your account has been updated with the next step from our suppliers as I have been in contact with them. You can access it here. The advisor who has personal ownership of the situation will continue to monitor the orders progress and provide you with more information shortly.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
natalieshannon1

Once again, unacceptable answer. Was told the same for the past two days. Another day.... ridiculous
Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @natalieshannon1

I understand your frustration regarding the delays and the length of time taken to resolve this for you.

Having further reviewed your account I can see that my colleague who has taken personal ownership of your query is working to try to resolve this as quickly as possible, I have advised them that I have responded to you via the Community. We are working with our supplier and as an external stakeholder we are unable to overturn any of their internal processes and time constraints that they are held to.

I do apologise that this is taking so long and assure you we are doing all we can to resolve this as quickly as we can.