cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do BT take to update their database?

Stef
Grafter

How long do BT take to update their database?

I am just having a BT business line installed in central London and am eagerly awaiting the phone No. so that I can order plusNET broadband straight away... When I last did this (about two years ago) the whole process was slowed up by about a week because it took BT this long to 'update their database'. In other words I had the Phone No. and the line was installed and working only PN could not process the order for about a week as my new phone No. was not showing on BT's systems. Is this situation any faster now?  Huh
Thanks,
Stef
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: How long do BT take to update their database?

Hey Stef,
Generally this takes upto 48 hours, so your case of a week was an extremely rare one!  Once you get your phone number I'll be more than happy to check it out to see if you can have an order placed.
Just give me a shout Smiley
Stef
Grafter

Thanks  Smiley
Stef
Grafter

Hi James,
Finally managed to obtain a new number from BT Business so have just ordered £19.99 small business package online from plusNET. Is there any way you can help to get the line broadband activated without any undue delay please? Our new number is [Removed].
Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Smiley
Stef
cp:green Phone number removed, as this forum is open to search engines, and general public. mod:end
James
Grafter

Hi Stef,
Could you possibly PM me the username for that account?
The line isn't showing as clear yet, but that may just be the BT DB taking a little time to update.
Stef
Grafter

Hi James,
Will email you,
Many thanks,
Stef