Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is this for a noise margin trace

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

How is this for a noise margin trace

The unusual part is that it is the upstream margin - the downstream margin is rock steady
6 REPLIES 6
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: How is this for a noise margin trace

Do you have uncapped upstream? If not, I think 9 is a rather low US margin, steady or not.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Now what have you done to cause that Jim?  Wink I don't suppose you can hear any noise on the line? How about some stats?  Cheesy
Edit: Mind you that's not as good as this one
Routefinder
Grafter

Interesting!  I have noticed that my US margin is quite irregular like yours but the DS is by comparison rock steady.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Uncapped at 888kbps (interleaved although the router keeps changing its mind on that)
If you really want to see something horrible - this is what happened yesterday to my upstream speed and there was intermittent crackling on the line so I raised a phone fault - engineer due tomorrow afternoon until I cancelled it this morning after all the noise stopped and everything has been rock solid since other than the upstream noise margin fluctuations
x47c
Grafter

Your US trace looks rather similar to what my upstream trace looked like a few months ago.
My downstream trace was likewise flat at the 3dB target.
All his is before my connection went nuts last week - engineer due today to try and find what/where it is.
Maybe you have some imminent fault about to occur and that trace is the warning signs
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Upstream bit swapping was working overtime last night