cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I volunteer for the Trial?

MrC
Grafter

Re: How do I volunteer for the Trial?

Does anyone know if this trial is still open? I sent in a request on Weds, heard nothing yet, and then spotted various comments about it being frozen and/or closing in June.
Mike
scootie
Grafter

PN will start accepting requests again soon.
They shut the trial down to new orders due to some issues with latency an packet loss and adding more customers would of made the latency worse so they choice to to close it to new orders till they got to the bottom of it.
theres a post some where saying that there is back log of orders now so when it opens again it will still take a new request a gd few weeks to be placed and put live
MrC
Grafter

TVM Asbo. It's just that I've got my hands on a 15db attenuation/15db SNR line and I'm looking forward to seeing just how fast it can go Smiley
Unfortunately it's not my home line Sad
Mike
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Quote from: ASBO
PN will start accepting requests again soon.

You gone all psychic on us ASBO? Roll_eyes Wink
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

iam sure jameseh or dave has posted some where with the date it reopens.
saying 15db atten to some one on 50db is as good as swearing 
can we have this 15db added to the swear filter adiewoo Smiley
mind least on 50db you dont have to look out your window at an ugly BT building  Wink
MrC
Grafter

saying 15db atten to some one on 50db is as good as swearing 

Don't feel too bad, my home line has a 53db attenuation  Sad
mind least on 50db you dont have to look out your window at an ugly BT building  Wink

Smiley Just to make you feel worse Samknows reckons this new line is about 730 metres from the exchange but we do have our own internal BT distribution frame and the length of shiny new cable from the BT frame to our NTE5 is about 10 metres. So we're hoping for great things on ADSL2+, although I may have to replace our Vigor 2800 to get the best performance.
Mike
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Plusnet said 9th June 2009 was review day for the possible restart of migrations (link), so depending on the decision perhaps not too long to wait. Smiley
David
David
scootie
Grafter

no wonder  search didnt find the post i was looking for  Roll_eyes
MrC
Grafter

@spraxyt: Thanks for the link - I'd not seen it before and it answers my Q perfectly!
Mike
James
Grafter

Hi Mike,
We've frozen new additions to the trial for about the last 3 weeks whilst we sort out some latency issues.
We'll give you a shout when it reopens.
MrC
Grafter

Thanks James.
Mike
theanorak
Dabbler

Me too -- I'd like to join the trial and have had limited luck joining. My first request 19 March -- didn't go through because I closed the question after a response from plusnet. Having discovered that this stopped the order, my second "request" was on 22 April, and after sending a quick "what's going on?" message on 22 May was told the trial wasn't currently accepting new entrants. I've now closed this question as it had been returned to me -- hopefully I'll still be added to the trial once it re-opens.
Cheers
Keith
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

It's just that I've got my hands on a 15db attenuation/15db SNR line and I'm looking forward to seeing just how fast it can go

@MrC,
The attached screenshot might give you an idea, my office line with 19db attenuation using a 2700HGV...
EDIT: IIRC the line used to show ~16db attenuation with a SNR of 12(ish) on ADSL1.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrC
Grafter

@MisterW - that looks hopeful, although our Vigor 2800 probably isn't going to give as good a connection as your 2wire 2700HGV. Mind you at those sorts of rates I'll not be too bothered about chasing every last bit of capacity Smiley
Mike
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: theanorak
… I'd like to join the trial (but) have had limited luck joining. My first request 19 March -- didn't go through because I closed the question after a response from plusnet. Having discovered that this stopped the order, my second "request" was on 22 April, and after sending a quick "what's going on?" message on 22 May was told the trial wasn't currently accepting new entrants. I've now closed this question as it had been returned to me -- hopefully I'll still be added to the trial once it re-opens.

If I've understood the situation properly I think you will have cancelled your second request too. My understanding is that you must leave the request ticket open, and with Plusnet to get your line transferred to the trial. I suggest volunteering for a third time, and be patient.
If the ticket is returned to you for any reason, respond with "thank you for that information" (or whatever is appropriate) and send it back to them. My interpretation of "not accepting new entrants" is that you can volunteer but your request will remain pending until allocations start again.
David