cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I volunteer for the Trial?

Phil7979
Dabbler

How do I volunteer for the Trial?

Moderator's Note: Readers please see Reply #1 for instructions on how to volunteer. David (spraxyt)

My exchange is being upgraded on 28th February.
Could I be added to the trial please.
63 REPLIES 63
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Can I join The Trial Please

You need to sign up here http://portal.plus.net/wizard/?wizard_id=20
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Phil7979
Dabbler

Ah, thanks. I searched the sticky threads but couldn't find instructions on how to sign up.
I've signed up so fingers crossed.
adie:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Moderator's Comment:
I've made this topic sticky and changed the title to help others who might be seeking instructions for volunteering. The instructions are in the Volunteer thread although that is now non-sticky and locked since it is no longer applicable.
David (spraxyt)
David
okmbok
Grafter

Re: How do I volunteer for the Trial?

I have signed up but yet to get a reply from plusnet...How long does it take to get a reply?
James
Grafter

Hiya,
It's not a CSC monitored pool so it can take a bit longer.
I've asked Dave to drop you a reply just so that you're aware that your request has been accepted.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
At the moment we've almost filled up all the places on trial for this month. Because most of the processes are manual and to ensure we don't have too many orders completing on a single day we are limiting the numbers that are going on to the trial. There are a load of people queued up to go in next month as well whose exchanges are due on the 31st March so there probably won't be many spare places available next month either. I'll try and reply to all the tickets that are waiting before Friday (I'm off next week) and let you know what the waiting time is likely to be.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
swythan
Dabbler

I got an email & ticket (on 2/4/09) asking if I wanted to take part in the trial rather than changing back from LLU to BT IPStream. I responded to the ticket next day (as directed in the email), but have had no response yet. The original email said that I'd be coming off LLU within two weeks.
Is replying to the ticket all I needed to do, or did I also need to go through the stuff at the link above? I notice that at the link you posted there is some form text ("I would like to take part in the ADSL2+ trial. I understand and agree to the terms and conditions.") which isn't mentioned in the email.
I've now gone throught the wizard as well, to be on the safe side, but I thought I should mention it, as anyone else who got the same email may be in the same situation.
Cheers, James
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Thanks, just replying to the ticket should be fine, we originally planned to place the moves this week to be done in the middle of next week (for various logistical reasons we don't want the orders to complete on a Friday) but we've delayed it a little with the intention of placing the 21CN orders probably the middle of next week and we'll make the decision on when to do the ones to IPStream on Tuesday.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
BigRD
Dabbler

Hi Dave,
I had logged interest back in January this year and wondered what the chances of me trialling the 21CN as per this post. I haven't heard anything for a while and my exchange had a RFS date of 31st March.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,72188.msg574185.html#msg574185
Cheers
James
Grafter

Hi BigRD,
The trial is currently in a frozen state whilst we try to sort out some latency problems.
We'll let you know when the triasl has been reopened and I'll be happy to place your order for you.
Cogin
Grafter

Hi Jameseh
When you sort out the problems are you going to open the trial up to the other ISP's that Plusnet now owns?Huh
I'm on Madasafish Max and as you don't include Madasafish on the sign up page I can't Volunteer that way.
adie:quote
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I could be wrong but I thought we had one or two MAAF customers on the 21CN network. Even if we don't I'm sure it's something we can consider once the trial is reopened.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Cogin
Grafter

Hi Bob
I don't know how the MAAF customers you mention got on the trial because the page you goto to volunteer only lists Plusnet, Force 9 & Freeonline as ISP's it will accept.
When the trial is reopened can someone let me know if you decide to open the trial up to MAAF customers?
Note to Adie. Sorry about the full quote. I did scan the forum rules but missed that bit.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Quote from: Cogin
Note to Adie. Sorry about the full quote. I did scan the forum rules but missed that bit.

No worries, easily done Smiley
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'