cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I look at my usage for earlier this week (in previous billing period)

Santiago
Grafter

Re: How do I look at my usage for earlier this week (in previous billing period)

Quote from: Barry
unless you're incredibly geeky like me Wink

you mean  unless you're incredibly geeky clever like me Wink

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: How do I look at my usage for earlier this week (in previous billing period)

Quote from: shutter
I have been googling around, and came up with this site.....
Looks to be similar to what I advised in my last post..... (just a icon in the tray)
http://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/article.asp?id=broadband-download-monitor&kt=373&gclid=CKTFm4Dq0JI...
Thats a long URL..... but it points to a page that has  "Broadband Download Monitor"  which is FREE (my favourite type of software..... Roll_eyes
You have to "register" first, then when you have your password, you can download it....
Good luck.... let us know  if it is any use ! Wink

Have you tried the speed test on that site? I just have and it came up with "Estimated download speed: 8,606 kbits/sec " - pretty impressive with a 8128 sync!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jnwright
Grafter

I got different results! Broadbandchoices gave me a download speed of only about a half that of Mybroadbandspeed! Tests less than a minute apart.
Not applicable

Somebody else mentioned the broadbandchoices speedtester recently.
I have to say, I wasn't convinced it was anywhere near accurate either (OK, I know, none of them are truly accurate in the true sense, but at least lots of them give you a pretty good indication).
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

Just tried the speed tester.....
Here is my result

Your connection speed is 0.95Mb, you have indicated that you are meant to get 8.00Mb from PlusNet

Which is the same as the plusnet speed test indicator.... actually it says I "indicated that I am meant to get 8mb from PlusNet"..... which is slightly incorrect.....
To initialise the test you are required to enter the speed you are paying for in a box.... it suggests
for 2mb  enter "up to 2mb"..... I am on "up to"  8 mb    (so I entered "up to  8 mb)  my line is capable of only 2mb, though I am not that worried about the difference, as I only surf the net, and do not do gaming or iplayer stuff
Not applicable

It reckons mine is running at 2.00Mb
Its at least double that ATM on other speedtesters, although it can only be indicative due to others also using the connection at the same time.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I noticed the length of time the test took was incredibly short - i.e. the test file transferred is too small. No wonder the results vary so much!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

as far as I remember, it took about the same amount of time as the PlusNet speed tester.....
It took longer to "initialize" by having to fill in the boxes with the ISP and the "indicated speed"
but once the "go" button was pressed, it took about the same time to run....
By the way, my speed is pretty constant, no matter what time I run a test with the PlusNet tester, so I know that the one on that site gave a pretty good comparison to my normal tests.