cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I increase my usage allowance?

whereami

How do I increase my usage allowance?

Hello. I am struggling to find out how to add extra allowance to my account. I have read the help guide but I cannot find any "Control your broadband" icon in my control panel. I have Broadband Your Way Option 2.
Hope someone can help. Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Re: How do I increase my usage allowance?

Hiya,
For some reason the icon is in the Connection settings menu, which isn't the most logical of places to put it, to be brutally honest.
but to save you some time, here is the link to get you there -
https://portal.plus.net/products/upgrade/change_data_transfer.html
If I remember rightly, if you have the Check box marked, you will be on a "Pay as you go" type allowance which means you will be charged £1 per extra Gb or part therof unless you have a limit set in place.
I hope this helps.
Roger.
Forum Plod.
whereami

Hi Roger. Many thanks for your help, but that link doesn't work for me. It simply takes me to the front page of my Members Centre. I know the "Control Your Broadband" icon is supposed to be in my connection settings menu, but it isn't...
Are there any other possible workarounds?
Dan.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I know this sounds daft, but are you logged into the member centre? your login for the forum and the member centre is separate.. sorry to sound as if I am trying to teach you to suck eggs.
The only other thing I can think of is that if you upgraded from another product like PAYG or Broadband Plus or Premier, then the component hasn't been added in the upgrade.
R
whereami

Hi Roger. Yes I am logged into the member centre  Cool
You're right about my being upgraded though. I guess I'll have to raise a ticket to get it sorted.
Thanks very much for your help,
Dan.
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

I've given one of the comms team a nudge, so hopefully it'll get sorted sooner rather than later.  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As per the ticket on your account this upgrade hasn't been done yet, which is why you don't have the option. I'll change the account type for you now.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Okay, the account change is now done... you'll need to disconnect your ADSL hardware for a couple of minutes and then reconnect it in order to connect on the new account.
Hope that helps,
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Thanks Matt
*Tips hat*
I'll ask Mark to give you that pay rise now  Grin
whereami

Many thanks for all your help.
It turned out I was still on the old Broadband Plus account - shows what I know!
Thanks for the fast replies.
Dan.