cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I have my domain name in address field rather than ccgi?

duh

How do I have my domain name in address field rather than ccgi?

I have now loaded wordpress into ccgi root & pointed my url www.lindamarkley.com to it. It works but, the address line in the browser displays http://ccgi.redbryn2.plus.com/

How can I have my domain name show in the user's browser address line?
6 REPLIES 6
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: How do I have my domain name in address field rather than ccgi?

Your domain records look OK to me so I can only assume that it's something to do with the install URL or similar that you entered when configuring Wordpress.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

hulls
Grafter

Hi
If I click on the first link, the site opens, bu the address bar is the CCGI one, as stated by the OP.
John
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I think what Bob is saying is the domain is pointing at the ccgi box (as a lookup on the domain will confirm), and then it is wordpress that is doing the redirect to the ccgi address.  I don't have much experience with word press but with some forums software (such as smf or phpbb) visiting the site from a different domain to that which is stored in the database for that instance of the software will redirect you the one it has stored.
Therefore if the database for wordpress says it is at ccgi.redbryn2.plus.com, but you visit it using the url www.lindamarkley.com, then it will redirect you to the ccgi.redbryn2.plus.com.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Yes Phil, that's what I was getting at.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Just had a quick look in a wordpress installation I have and it looks like it is probably in the options table.  The row with the option_name set to "siteurl".  Setting this to www.lindamarkley.com would fix this problem.
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

duh

Great - I changed the url in wordpress settings - that did it. Thanks guys.