cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get out of contract

moira
Dabbler

How do I get out of contract

I am not happy with plusnet. I get e-mails saying they have billed me the wrong amount. Then they say I have been billed more for 1 month as they didnt charge me correctly. I feel if they keep making mistakes then am I being billed incorrectly. Can i use inefficiency to get out of the contract. I would actually prefer to pay more if the service was better and i felt confident. I also feel that the customer service being based in Asia doesnt help
I find I dont understand the bill summary.am not able to check on phone bills.

Also plusnet say they installed a line but BT and the property agent say there was already a line installed and it just needed switching on.
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How do I get out of contract

Hi Moira,
I've dropped a reply on your ticket, if you'd like to let us know if we can help I'll take a look into any problems you have.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
moira
Dabbler

I was told I would get anytime calls free for 3 months from December. Now you say there was a charge. I didnt want to continue with anytime but theyve taken money out without first asking if I wanted to continue with it. I dont understand what is going on
moira
Dabbler

Just been resolved. Ive been charged for anytime calls when I shouldnt have been and plan is cancelled.  I think speaking to someone  based in England helped. It still leaves me nervous about the ability to bill correctly
moira
Dabbler

I thought it had been resolved then I get an e-mail saying the anytime plan is cancelled from 17 march. This was not what was said on the phone. Kevin said it would be cancelled immediately!! this is what i dont like about plus net.
I really think paying  more for broadband is worth it if the service is efficient
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Moira, welcome to the forums.
Changes normally take place on your billing date which in your case seems to be 17th of the month.  Maybe try asking Chris if he can resolve this for you.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Moira, long standing customers are aware that automated emails resulting from account changes might or might not actually mean what they say. In the end it will come out right, but often needs a bit of help from Customer Support or the Comms Team when the 'system' insists on doing what it has been programmed to do.
Afterwards agents can change it to do something different. Such changes are normally indicated in closed tickets or service notices on your account - have you checked closed tickets there? (link, select Questions in the last 7 days on the View drop-down, click Go, click Expand All Questions)
David
David
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi again Moira,
Unfortunately account changes, particularly those involving Talk products, need to happen on the next billing date. I'm happy to arrange something with you to sort this out and will reply to your ticket shortly with my suggestion.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.