cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a New Router?

globalbagtag

How do I get a New Router?

Been with Plusnet for years but my router has never been updated, I tried to call support twice to ask about one but both times there was a 40min wait time!

3 REPLIES 3
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: How do I get a New Router?

You can normally negotiate one free of charge at contract renewal time, but plenty on E Bay, including PN ones.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @globalbagtag,

Thanks for getting in touch. As @Gel has mentioned we can send you out a new router (£6.99 p&p charge) at the time of contract renewal. If there is an issue with your services in terms of speed/connection please get back to us on here and we can look further into it for you.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@globalbagtag wrote:

Been with Plusnet for years but my router has never been updated, I tried to call support twice to ask about one but both times there was a 40min wait time!

If you're on standard broadband all Plusnet will offer is a Hub Zero. I fear that you will find little or no difference in performance with that which you already have, presumably a Technicolor unit.

If you want a better router for little money then spend around £30 on Ebay and get a BT Smarthub 6. You will find the simple setting instructions in this forum.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'