cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out if I'm still in minimum contract?

clairecable
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

How do I find out if I'm still in minimum contract?

I've been with plusnet since 2014 for phone and broadband. Having done some shopping around I've discovered that I can get my phone and broadband significantly cheaper with another provider and not only that it is fibre broadband too. Anyway through reading up on the plusnet website it says that you may incur costs if you change provider and you're still in a minimum term contract (or words to that effect). I can't find anywhere on my account that outlines if I am in a minimum term. It does say contracted in brackets after my product title/description. Hoping someone can help to save me the hassle of ringing plusnet?
7 REPLIES 7
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: How do I find out if I'm still in minimum contract?

AT https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary if you are in contract there will be a charge saying "Upon Cancellation" against your broadband contract whiich is not equal to zero.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
clairecable
Dabbler

So it says £0.00 (upon cancellation) does this mean I shouldn't incur any charges if I do decide to leave?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Yes, although if you go to a supplier like Sky who do not use BT Wholesale network then you pay a cancellation fee for the line being transfer away from BT Wholesale. It is £30 if I recall correctly

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
clairecable
Dabbler

That's great thanks. It's Vodafone I'm thinking of moving to so not sure if they use BT wholesale network?
clairecable
Dabbler

I believe they may be though. A lot cheaper for me so chances are I may make the move
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

More information on the cessation charge can be found:

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/charges-for-removing-broadband/

If you would like to discuss renewing your contract I would recommend calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting option 1, then option 2) with usually not much wait.

Open until 8pm tonight and back at 8am tomorrow.

I hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

You can check whether a service provider has an LLU presence in the exchange at

https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange_search

An LLU presence would usually trigger the cessation charge, but it's probably worth calling the new provider and asking them.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button