Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my connection stats?

Hiijinx
Dabbler

How do I find my connection stats?

Hello all,
Have tried a few searches but didn't get lucky this time - my question is I used to be able to view my connection stats on my old Broadband (things like SNR, CRC errors etc) but so far after looking through the router page have only been able to locate uptime duration. I have the standard Plusnet/BT openreach combo. (Technicolor TG582n FTTC )
Is this something that is no longer listed for fibre connection or am I just not seeing it because I have only been connected for 2 days?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: How do I find my connection stats?

It isn't available as the only source is the modem which doesn't tell you anything useful
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Hiijinx and welcome to the forum. Sorry to read your first post and find you were let down by Openreach on the supposed install date, well at least you are on-line now  Wink
The BT modem is locked, and the stats are rather complex in any event. If you are technically minded and competent enough, then a search of this forum should lead you to the relevant info. Note,  the safest thing to do, is buy an unlocked modem off your favourite auction site rather than risk bricking the BT one and a rather large bill, or buy your own vDSL modem/router. (You must keep the BT modem in case you have a fault that ever needs investigating).
Otherwise, about the only thing you can do is log into the Router, click Disconnect to drop the PPP session, wait about 30 seconds then click Connect. Establishing a new PPP session ensures the BRAS is updated with the current vDSL line rates, run the BTw Performance test (ignore the red preamble except make sure no other programs are using the Internet) and at the end of the first run, click the Further Diagnostics button, enter just your Phone number and Run the Further Diagnostics Test. The result will give you your BT IP Profile (x1.033 = Sync speed on FTTC).
HTH.
leader
Grafter

Hi & welcome Hiijinx
Following Anotherone's lead,  the link below might helpful as Bald_Eagle1 gives a great overview on the potential of an unlocked BT modem.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112858.0.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Keep us posted as to how you get on.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team