cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disconnect power from router and speed not drop to 0.1 Mb/sec

johnlbuk
Dabbler

How do I disconnect power from router and speed not drop to 0.1 Mb/sec

I sometimes need to unplug my Netgear router but if I do the download speed drops to about 0.1Mb/sec from about 7.8 Mb/sec for days.
Is there any way to disconnect the router from the line without BT thinking that there has been a line drop?
It really is a pain. I would not mind the speed going to 1Mb/sec but at 0.1 I cant even download any files only browse the web, email and use skype.
John
4 REPLIES 4
johnlbuk
Dabbler

Re: How do I disconnect power from router and speed not drop to 0.1 Mb/sec

My router is a DGND3300 Netgear. Speed has been at about 0.126 since last night & I have no idea when it will go up again.
I feel like a schoolboy who has been punished for disconnecting the router for a few seconds by accident!
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

This page from the manual explains how to disconnect and connect. You should disconnect before unplugging the router
However you shouldn't be seeing that effect so can you post the information requested in the sticky at the top of this board
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hello John,
I had a quick look at your previous posts and see you were on a 20CN connection (not too dissimilar to mine as it happens). Apart from the stuff Jim has mentioned, do NOT reboot the modem/router when running the BTw speedtest (or at any other time) until we've seen the stats and can give advice.
I suspect you have some interference issues we can address but 20CN DLM exchange IP Profiles are slow to change..more on that later.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi John,
I've tested your line but I don't see any particular problems (other than lot of drops yesterday which I presume was you). Other than yesterday, the connection has been very stable as has your sync rate. We're not seeing the wild changes that you've had. My first thought in this case would be to check the router and see if you can replicate the problem if you try a different one on your line.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team