cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How definite is the date for broadband going live?

NeilByMouth
Grafter

How definite is the date for broadband going live?

Hi
First off not complaining in any way. Very happy with the prompt service so far.
I placed my order for phone and broadband after close of working hours last Fri (3rd). Confirmation email of order said to expect the phone to be up and running in 2 - 4 working days. I got another email/sms minutes later to say my phone would go live today(Mon). I got another sms/email at 5am(!) this morning telling me it was working. Turn around time = less than zero working days! Smiley
I just got a further sms/email saying my broadband would go live on the 14th (which is the outer date limit as outlined in the confirmation of order). From other recent customers' experiences can anyone tell me if it is definitely likely to be the 14th and not a day before. Or do PN have a policy of extreme under promising / over delivering?
I only ask because I am traveling to use the net during the day at the moment and need a new monitor for my workstation at home. I'll cool my heels on rushing to get one, and resign myself to being a net nomad if I know I have no hope of using broadband at home before the 14th (and I'll keep checking "today only" etc for a good deal on a new screen Wink  ).
3 REPLIES 3
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: How definite is the date for broadband going live?

Hi NeilByMouth,
To be completely honest, if you've had confirmation from us stating that your broadband will be active on 14th then it will go active on that date. There are some cases when it can go through before this date, however I'd use 14th as a date for it to go live. Either way we will let you know once it is ready for you to use. If you have a mobile number on your account we will send you a text message notifying you as well as an online ticket.
I'm glad we managed to get you moved over so swiftly with your Telephone, looks as though that went through without any problems, as I expect the broadband to follow suit Smiley
If there is anything else we can help with, please let us know.
NeilByMouth
Grafter

Thanks for the confirmation.
BRABUS
Grafter

From experience of all the people I have got to sign up so far, broadband is bang on to the date they give you.  Shame really as Fibre is currently a 2 week wait Sad
It will be worth the wait for you though.