cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get an estimation of when my fibre broadband might be activated?

akrmurray

How can I get an estimation of when my fibre broadband might be activated?

I ordered Fibre broadband on 18th September but have had no contact from Plusnet, BT Openreach or anyone about when fibre might be installed. How long should I reasonably expect to wait? How do I get an update?

No matter what time of day or night I try, the online chat support is never available and wait times on the phone seem to be regularly 50 minutes. I usually get cut off because of a network call failure or similar before I ever get near to speaking to someone.

4 REPLIES 4
akrmurray

Re: How can I get an estimation of when my fibre broadband might be activated?

Finally got through on the phone - apparently someone just hadn’t done what they were supposed to do and it only got noticed on the 4th Oct. Then I (apparently) got added to a list that something hadn’t been done. Nothing was being done but when I finally spoke to a human they (apparently) could sort everything out fairly immediately!

Glad I rang and eventually managed to get through. Not a good start - let’s hope things improve!

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @akrmurray,

I'm really sorry you've had a time with it recently but I'm glad we're finally at the point where we're getting it resolved for you.

I can see the agent has logged this ticket on the account and we should be able to give you an update over the weekend.

akrmurray

2 months today since I ordered broadband from Plusnet. Still... NOTHING. And why do I have to keep chasing Plusnet for updates instead of them keeping me informed. This sucks.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @akrmurray,

I'm sorry that you are still awaiting an update about your services, I appreciate your need for an answer. Please accept our apologies for the delay.

I have looked into this further and have an update here.

Let us know if you require anything further.

Thanks.