cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I connect my phone to the wireless?

harold52

How can I connect my phone to the wireless?

I have a Nokia xpress music phone and have previously been able to connect to my wireless at my family home, and around town e.g Mcdonalds, but when I try to connect to my Plusnet it won't work, saying the password is invalid sometimes and other times just wont connect.
Is it actually possible?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How can I connect my phone to the wireless?

As long as you're within reasonable range of the router it should work just fine.
Re the password being incorrect, that can only ever happen for one of two reasons, the first and most obvious is a wrong password the other is having the wrong type of wireless encryption set, WEP and WPA are the most common options, our routers use the latter which is more secure anyway.
So I'd advise checking those settings on your phone first, if not then I'd advise logging into the router's settings page, making sure you have WPA set, then changing the pass key(not forgetting to update the pass key on your phone too.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
harold52

How would I go about getting onto the router settings page?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

We've got a support page to show you how: http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson-585-faqs-and-troubleshooting.shtml
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team