cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long does it take till broadband is active

annaden

How Long does it take till broadband is active

Hi
My phone line was installed a week ago and Phone works no problem, but my wifi router is still showing as not ordered and running checks on the line.
How long do these checks take and how long till I get router and active broadband.
Thanks Anna  Undecided
12 REPLIES 12
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How Long does it take till broadband is active

Hi annaden,
I'm just looking at this now with a colleague for you. Please bear with me and I'll come back to you ASAP.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
annaden

Hi Adam
I have not parted from my PC now for 48 hours looking for your ASAP answer to above.  Undecided
Thanks Annaden
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Plusnet staff Inc Adam don't generally come on here at weekends, No doubt you will hear something regarding your matter tomorrow at the earliest, Sit tight Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
annaden

I have an answer back, from help and assistant am I the only person so unlucky ?

Thank you for your query.
It would seem unfortunately the order had not gone through properly so I have now placed the order but unfortunately this will now take 5-7 working days to go active, please accept my apologies for inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.
But how come when I asked the question 5 Days ago this was not picked up then, I have to say this is not inspiring me as to how good the service is going to be at Plusnet.
Anna
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm, sorry you had problems with this and I really hope you didn't spend your weekend staring at this page when the sun was out!
On a more serious note I'm sorry that you didn't get a straight forward answer straight away. I'm in the process of giving feedback on that now...
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
annaden

Thanks Adam for having a look in to this for me
It would seem the answer in my case would be 18 days, as I have just had a message saying it should be active afternoon 5/07/11.
If my router ever turns up.
My sister just switched to BT last week phone line installed thursday hob/router installed friday all up and running no problem, have I made a mistake swapping to plusnet or am I the only one so unlucky.
Thanks Anna  Sad
scootie
Grafter

have I made a mistake swapping to plusnet or am I the only one so unlucky

you will not be first one but as in all company's there will be the odd fault, its how the company's makes up for such faults and in my view this is where plusnet are worth the subs, am on virgin media now and there is no comparing the 2 customer services. Am sure one of the plusnet staff on here will help make up for your extended period with out internet.
give me yorkshire based CSC any day, since joining VM i am now pretty good at talking  in Tagalog, in my days with plusnet it was not unknown for one of the forum staff to ring out the blue when i have posted about in reality un important issues, an to have to wait 2-3 days is the best reply rate VM forum can offer, they run a system of oldest posts get replyed to first so if i put this reply on there forum your thread would not get replyed to for another 3-4 days and then you have to ask others not to bump you to bottom of queue why you wait.
your thinking why did i leave, simple the limits of adsl over distance, but i will be back to use fttc once vm contract is up and the tech has been fully tested by the guinea pigs
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi Anna
I think you were just unlucky however this quote I am showing you Is getting pretty old now and cumbersome. Too many Plusnet apologies on this forum for my liking. And never seems to get any better, Sorry this, Sorry that, I wonder If they really are sorry. All very well repeatedly saying It over and over and over and......Feeding feedback back, Its all you read now mostly at the end of all their posts from not happy customers.
I'm sorry that you didn't get a straight forward answer straight away. I'm in the process of giving feedback on that now...

Yawn...Boring Sad
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

We've not ordered your router just yet as there's no point until we know that there's an order going though. I've just sorted that now and it should be with you in 3 working days.
I've refunded the postage charge as a good will gesture.
Steve M,you've just quoted my reply to the OP where else have I said that? Also I can't say anything different in this instance....
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scootie
Grafter

hum take back what i said then, things seem to be getting or have got un personal on the CS front, in my days with PN each reply seemed like a custom one to your issue and that they cared if you left or not.
is this the PN forum or talk talk one i walked into? on that front you went after TT with value and look now TT dropped the price even more, what else will PN get rid off to reduce price.
edit to adams new post.
refund of P an P to make up for such a extended period of internet down time, maybe its BTw fault or maybe not but thats a joke in my view, wait to see what the OP thinks to that
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Adam, I just used your reply as an example to my opinion, I stand by the fact also that I don't think Anna has made a mistake joining PN, I never had any problems and the ones I did have were fixed by yourselves. I'm not going to look through each thread for where this saying has been used, But It Is used, All to often IMHO.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Your absolutely entitled to your opinion Steve, I'm only here to help and nothing more, I'll stick to my approach of being open and honest about issues....
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team