cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House re-wre

gwillym
Grafter

House re-wre

Starting on Monday (2nd Sept) the electricians are going to completewly rewire my house. This obviously means that during the next 10 - 14 days the power (& hence my modem & router) are likely to be off an on intermittently. Can anyone give me an idea of what this will do the my IPProfile ( I'm assuming it will get trashed?), and what, if anything I can do to get it back afterwards to the 53/13 I'm currently getting.
thanks
Neil
5 REPLIES 5
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: House re-wre

Are you near enough to (and on good terms with) a neighbour who would let you run the modem and router off an extension lead?
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
IndiaBravo
Grafter

Couldn't you just turn it off for the duration? If the powers going to be on and off constantly you're presumably not going to be using it?
gwillym
Grafter

The kit will be on/off intermittently - I was just wondering what the DLM would make of it?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Avoid too much on/off if possible, if switching off disconnect first via the router interface (if you know it's about to be switched off).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As W23 says, if you make sure to disconnect via the router's interface prior to turning it off you should be fine as that way it won't be picked up by the DLM system as a possible fault.