Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move x2

James
Grafter

Re: House move x2

Mav - ASAP is best.
The more notice we can get on a simultaneous provide order the better.
Mav
Fixes: 515

Hi James
Previously Mand said to 'give her a shout' when I have the MAC. As that is no longer required shall I still PM her or you with the details.
Thanks

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav

I have PMed Mand with the details as it was her who originally asked me to.
If someone else needs to pick this up to deal with it please let me know and I'll PM the details to you Smiley
Thanks for all the help as moving house is stressful enough without further hassle Wink

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

Hi
This is not impatience, just a little concern as Jameseh said that all details of my move should be given ASAP.
I PMed Mand two days ago but haven't had any response. Is everything OK or is there a problem?
Thanks.

James
Grafter

If it's just for a Simultaneous Provide, you can just give our Customer Services team a ring and we should be able to kick things off for you.
I'm happy to chase things after that point to make sure that everything is in order.
Mav

OK, thanks Jameseh.
Will give CS a ring a little later today as I have to go out shortly
Just to confirm: They will be able to keep my current product (Premiere Option 2), Fax2Email, webspace (hardly used but nice to have it available,) static IP block?
My exchange is due to go live with 21CN on the date of my reprovide - can I go on the trial at the same time?
And what about the charge for this?
Sorry to ask the questions here but due my previous experiences with CS I don't have a lot of faith in them, unfortunately. You guys here are always on the ball and extemely helpful Smiley

James
Grafter

Hiya,
Your account type won't change at all - All we'll be doing is moving your service to a different address.
Once you've moved, you'd be welcome to join the trial for ADSL2+.
Mav

Thanks again, Jameseh
Moving is stressful enough without any other worries so, hopefully, this part will go smoothly Smiley
Don't worry, I'll be shouting loud if it doesn't Wink

Mav

The BT engineer is due to install the new line next Tuesday morning so, hopefully, all will go well.
But is there anything I need to request from the engineer to ensure I can get the fastest speeds bearing in minf I'm around 3Km from the exchange and the attenuation is liable to be around 49 dB? A specific type of Master Socket, etc or is he liable to put the best available deive in?

Mav

BT arrived around 9:30 and all done by 11:30 appx.
Connected router and cables and all's well.
Presently syncing at 5376kbps.
Stats:
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 27.0 / 46.0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 23.0 / 6.0

Seems pretty good considering my mother's stats (at same address, remember) are:
Att down: 50 (was 49)
SN Margin down: 20 (was19)

Not sure why my mother's att and noise margins have increased, though.
My speedtest shows throughput of just under 2Mbps with a ping of 24ms and the BT test result is:
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
    Your DSL connection rate: 5376 kbps(DOWN-STREAM),  448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
    IP profile for your line is - 2000 kbps
    Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1819 kbps

Three years since I was last provisioned with a house move so do I just now wait for the IP Profile to raise over the next 10 days or can someone give it a kick for me please Wink
Thanks

pierre_pierre
Grafter

You could sort out your poor Mothers line while you are waiting Wink Wink
Mav

She's on a very stable 2Mbps connection and rarely uses anywhere near  her 2GB DL limit with Sky. If it ain't broke don't fix it Smiley

James
Grafter

@ Mav
I've checked your line and BT are still to assign a bRAS profile, so I'm afraid that there's nothing I can do to make it any faster.
Yet. Smiley
Mav

Thanks for checking, James.
What normlly happens, is MaxDSL automatically set to a profile of 2000 which then gets changed as the 10 days progress? I can't remember, should I reboot at all during this time.
I have noticed that the SN Margin fluctuates between 5.5 and 6dB. Can't see this as being an issue and the att has stayed at 46dB.
I have also requested being put on the 21CN trial as my exchange went live today. I assume I can't go onto the trial until after the initial 10 days anyway.

James
Grafter

Basically yes from what I've noticed.
The MSR is automatically set at 2272Kbps, which changes over the first 10 days.