cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - speed of line

08nick08

House move - speed of line

I have recently moved house.  Cool  My broadband service was moved and that all went smoothly, the new line is much better than the old and the router reports the following:
DSL Modulation Type:ADSL_2plus
Annex Type:Annex A/L/M
Upstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 448
Max Rate (Kbps) 1341
SNR Margin (dB) 25
Line Attenuation (dB) 9.3
Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 17872
Max Rate (Kbps) 18916
SNR Margin (dB) 7.8
Line Attenuation (dB) 22.5
No errors.
BT report:
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 15.5 -- 8.5 to 18.5 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 15.5 Up to 1.5 8.5 to 18.5 Available
My problem is that I only get 4.8 mb download and .3MB up at the moment, and https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed page reports my old line, not my new one. I've left my router on for the last 4 days, and the sync has remained constant, but the speed has not improved.
Can you help me to get the promised adsl2+ speeds please?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: House move - speed of line

I don't think it matters if the phone number listed is that for your previous property - though Plusnet correcting this will avoid future confusion. Were you on 20CN at your old property? If you were it's possible your service type is still set to that. If so the CSC can correct it (0800 432 0200).
Does the Data Transfer Speed page you referenced give your Current line speed as 15.7Mbps? if it is a lot less than that ask the CSC to check and correct it.
The DCT staff who monitor the forums are unlikely to be here again until Monday.
David
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

I've just taken a look at this for you. I've nudged the profile set on our systems up for you which should sort out the download speeds. Would you like your upload speeds uncapping?
08nick08

Chris - thanks a lot.  I checked this morning, and i'm getting around 14mb now.  If you can do the same for uploads, that'd be good too please.
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just raised the order to uncap your upstream. That should complete tomorrow.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team