cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move, can anyone explain .

geehawk
Rising Star

House move, can anyone explain .

Informed Plusnet of my house move (14th Nov) on 21st Oct. Order raised everything fine.
On 8th Nov I notify that move has slipped to 21st Nov, after notifying BT. Date changed on order, everything fine ....
The following week I get a notification that my order has been cancelled, to be raised again on 21st Nov (moving day)
We move in BT have sorted the line but nothing from Plusnet. Manage to talk to someone on 22nd who indicates something will happen by the end of he next day ... And it did I was notified that my broadband would be activated on 29th, over a week after I moved in.

I asked on my ticket why when I ordered the move a month ago why I'm going g to end up without it for a week right when I need it most, why none told me there would be a delay but no reply.
On the phone it was intimated that it was BTs fault, but they sorted the line on time ... To me it seems to be Plusnets fault as they cancelled the order because of "reasons". Seem a change of moving day (not uncommon) is something they can't cope with.

16 years with F9/Plusnet and I'm seriously considering moving.I bet someone else would get me back online before next week!
Really very disappointed in Plusnet.

Sorry for rant and typos, I'm not used to typing on a phone...god knows how much this mobile access will cost me ...
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: House move, can anyone explain .

Sounds like you've ordered phone from BT(retail) and broadband from PN , is that correct ?

If so, I suspect you've fallen foul of the BTw/Openreach notice period of 14 days for Simultaneous provides. When the original order was cancelled and a new phone order placed (by BT) then the corresponding broadband order would have automatically cancelled. The problem then (8th Nov) was it was too late for the broadband order to be placed as a SIM provide. It then had to wait until the phone was active before it could be placed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

geehawk
Rising Star

Thanks for that. A far clearer explanation than PN gave me.

Shame it took PN 3 days to sort the new order and never told me I would be without it for over a week when the original one got cancelled, an eternity when you've just moved and have loads of people to contact....
For a company that sells itself on its customer support, the first time I've used it in anger I'm not overly impressed.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Yes, PN's communication (or lack of it!) regarding order changes leaves a lot to be desiredRoll_eyes

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

geehawk
Rising Star

Tell me about it.
Just double checked the dates and I notified BT and PN about the new moving date of the 21st, on 7th actually. PN did not notify me of the cancellation until 8 days later ...
geehawk
Rising Star

Well activation day (yesterday) has come and gone and still no broadband or explanation as yet.
Come on Plusnet. I used to sing your praises to family and friends, but not after this disappointing support.